• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

MinFrog

We may not get the tall corner everybody wants but I like the way our Safety depth is starting to look. Washington and Turner at Safety yes?

I think Scott was a corner at 6’1” but we moved him to safety?

Also, Daniels is 6’ and runs like the wind.

MTfrog5

Anyone here have Westfield High School connections? Aggie buddy sent me a text saying the coaches there aren’t letting college coaches visit Coburn on the high school campus? Supposedly one of the high school coaches brothers coaches at Texas

What Up Toad

Anyone here have Westfield High School connections? Aggie buddy sent me a text saying the coaches there aren’t letting college coaches visit Coburn on the high school campus? Supposedly one of the high school coaches brothers coaches at Texas

Texas reporters confirming but saying the coaches at the HS have a rule that any committed player can't receive visitors from other universities at the school.

frog-hat

Texas reporters confirming but saying the coaches at the HS have a rule that any committed player can't receive visitors from other universities at the school.

What the scheiss right does some coach have to say who can and cannot come to a public high school. That's total [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]

FrogLifeYo

Coburn situation is unfortunate...He has Blacklock type size and talent. Landing lineman with size and talent in each and every recruiting cycle is the difference between contending for conference titles and eventually playing for a National Championship. ...Really wanted the kid. Hopefully Fitch stays on him and we catch a break

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If his high school coaches influence him enough to go to UT153-33 then he has been given bad advice. I hope he sees they don't have his best interests in mind.

netty2424

If his high school coaches influence him enough to go to UT153-33 then he has been given bad advice. I hope he sees they don't have his best interests in mind.
Wonder if high schools like this ever get shut off by college programs altogeher. I'm sure the kids would change that policy quickly.

Moose Stuff

Regarding Coburn...... assuming it’s enforced equally I don’t really have any issue at all with a rule that says kids who are already committed can’t be visited on campus by a school other than the one they are committed to. I wouldn’t think college coaches have a huge issue with it either but I could be wrong about that. To put it another way, I bet the board would have thought it was the greatest thing ever if Justin Rogers’ coach told LSU they couldn’t meet with Justin on their campus.

Last edited:

frog-hat

I don't think Texas public school HS coaches should be able to restrict access to college coaches coming onto a public school campus to see any of the students. The HS coaches don't own the school or the athletes. The HS coaches can encourage the HS athletes to "honor" their "commitment" but when the athlete has already scheduled official visits with the college coaches schools, its pretty obvious the student has interest. It's [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]; especially if the rumor is true that the HS coach is the brother of a UT coach.

netty2424

What re you suggesting .?.
I'm suggesting it's a two way street.

They can advise/counsel the kids and help them through the process, sure. But to set a blanket rule that coaches can't talk to a kid at the high school is absurd.

At what point does it start to look a little fishy when only certain schools are allowed through the doors at particular high schools.

I'm not saying that's happening here, just saying it's a slippery slope.

netty2424

Silly stuff that can never happen for too many reasons to count or at least too many for me to type.
It's not unheard of for HS coaches to 'black list' college coaches. We hear about it every now and then, the HS coach gets his feelings hurt for not getting enough love from a college program so he steers kids away from that program or isolates them from that program. We heard that quite a bit about Charlie Strong when he first took over UT.