• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Chico Dusty

Which side were you on?
I was private. That is the thing... When I heard that I was like that’s weak. I couldn’t believe it. They have sinced made it equal now - no multiplier effect.

And for the record the public school system is not great in Atlanta like TX, so private was a way better option. For example, some really nice areas of the city - their public school district would very ghetto. It was a weird set up.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not in GA. The private schools whooped up on some ppl
Other thing they did in MN was change to open enrollment. You could go to any school as long as you could get there. Lots of carpools were set up to get great athletes into certain schools in districts they didn't live in. If you transferred you had to sit out one season of a sport but not any particular sport. I played a QB for one school in our conference my junior year who played for a different school in conference senior year. Sat out wrestling. Messed up system.

Chico Dusty

Other thing they did in MN was change to open enrollment. You could go to any school as long as you could get there. Lots of carpools were set up to get great athletes into certain schools in districts they didn't live in. If you transferred you had to sit out one season of a sport but not any particular sport. I played a QB for one school in our conference my junior year who played for a different school in conference senior year. Sat out wrestling. Messed up system.

Wow, that’s crazy. Talk about stacking teams

Last edited:

Chico Dusty

We in TX brah! They had to protect the khakis.

Hahaha. I do remember though, my sophomore year I transferred to a smaller school from 4A to A and my senior year our b-ball coach scheduled Berkmar, who at the time were the #1 team in the state in 5A and I think #10 nationally. They beat the [ Finebaum ]e out of us. Good times

netty2424

Hahaha. I do remember though, my sophomore year I transferred to a smaller school from 4A to A and my senior year our b-ball coach scheduled Berkmar, who at the time were the #1 team in the state in 5A and I think #10 nationally. They beat the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]e out of us. Good times
I'm just playing around. I was a public school kid and went to a rough elementary and JR high. My high school was big 5A and was a feeder for both sides of the tracks so we had folks from all over. Loved my path through public schools. Had friends of all walks, learned a lot, and was able to play competitive sports against some great athletes.

Chico Dusty

I'm just playing around. I was a public school kid and went to a rough elementary and JR high. My high school was big 5A and was a feeder for both sides of the tracks so we had folks from all over. Loved my path through public schools. Had friends of all walks, learned a lot, and was able to play competitive sports against some great athletes.

I dig that! I’m not sheltered at all, as I grew up in the city and got out and about a lot, but going to a small private school definitely leads a lot to be desired from diversity.