• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU defensive coach says no to SMU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU defensive coach says no to SMU

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

TCU defensive coach Chad Glasgow is remaining with the program after he was offered the defensive coordinator job at SMU under first-year coach Sonny Dykes, according to a source.

Dykes spent the 2017 season with TCU as an offensive analyst, and he was hired to replace Chad Morris as SMU’s head coach on Dec. 11.

Dykes offered the defensive coordinator job to Glasgow, and let him sit on the offer for nearly a week. Glasgow eventually said no, but this does not mean he’s not in the hunt for a different job.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article194326879.html

Mac always trying to put in a twist true or not. Unless it's his Longhorns in football or his Jayhawks in basketball.

Mac: Said no to SMU, but I hear that Oklahoma State coaching job is open so he must be interested.

No source just opinion. Could end true but its a presumption. Why does TCU keep opening their doors to this fool? He is a snake and one day his bite is going to do some real damage.

OICU812

A good source in Dallas says Dykes is/has been overwhelmed by the demands of trying to coach a bowl, recruit and put a staff together all at once. Source is not connected at all to TCU, but agrees it's hard to fathom the flirtations with the Baylors. Can't blame Glasgow for passing on this one. If I were looking I'd be looking for something more stable and with no chance of having to deal with Baylors.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Mac always trying to put in a twist true or not. Unless it's his Longhorns in football or his Jayhawks in basketball.

Mac: Said no to SMU, but I hear that Oklahoma State coaching job is open so he must be interested.

No source just opinion. Could end true but its a presumption. Why does TCU keep opening their doors to this fool? He is a snake and one day his bite is going to do some real damage.

What real damage and exactly what did Mac say that got you all twisted up?

Glasgow went to OSU so it might be natural that he is interested in the job but thats just an assumption on my part.

Honestly guys, if the byline on that article read Sam Jones, 99.9% of you would be fine with it. But it read Mac Engle so automatically there is something ominous going on, at least in your minds

What real damage and exactly what did Mac say that got you all twisted up?

Glasgow went to OSU so it might be natural that he is interested in the job but thats just an assumption on my part.

Honestly guys, if the byline on that article read Sam Jones, 99.9% of you would be fine with it. But it read Mac Engle so automatically there is something ominous going on, at least in your minds

Cause it can't be just a story on the facts he always has to twist in an assumption (even if its a logical opinion) and it's usually to the unliking of the reader to bring up the blood pressure.
If it was once or twice it would be ok.

I see your point, he does write some good ones at times and some of his job is opinions. He does know how to draw in people to read his articles. Still think he is a snake and not healthy for TCU.

Last edited: