• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

FROG PARENTS 1961

Needs list

1. DT Coburn or Thompson would be so huge. got to get some help here (1)
2. Oline (find an elite at any position) even Willie Allen (1-2)
3. CB Eddie Smith, Davis, Washington (1-2)
4. RB Corbin, Ingram, St. Julian, Henry (not mandatory but would be nice) (1)
5. DE Ossai or Mercier (1)
5a.OLB Brule (1)

Punter1

Needs list

5a.OLB Brule (1)

We also need for our Mississippi RB to qualify. That's priority 1 for me. There is just too much smoke around this being an issue not to worry...

82 Frog Fever

We also need for our Mississippi RB to qualify. That's priority 1 for me. There is just too much smoke around this being an issue not to worry...

Per Franklin’s H.S. coach, Tony Vance, his core grades have been very good, but he was working hard to get his ACT score up higher. Franklin took the ACT last June, so TCU was well aware of the ACT score.
As a result, I assume TCU approved the grades and ACT when they offered.

Punter1

Per Franklin’s H.S. coach, Tony Vance, his core grades have been very good, but he was working hard to get his ACT score up higher. Franklin took the ACT last June, so TCU was well aware of the ACT score.
As a result, I assume TCU approved the grades and ACT when they offered.

That's good news....much easier to get a test score vs raising your gpa...

CountryFrog

Our individual worries or lack thereof have no impact on the facts of his situation. The coaches know the facts and if we need another RB then they'll get another RB. If they don't get another RB then it's pretty clear they're confident in his situation.

And even if they do get another RB that doesn't necessarily mean otherwise.

TX_Krötenechse

Needs list

5a.OLB Brule (1)

DT is the bottom of our wish list with the young talent and depth we have.

CB and DE are top needs remaining in this class, then OT, then LB, then RB, and then maybe DT

FROG PARENTS 1961

DT is the bottom of our wish list with the young talent and depth we have.

CB and DE are top needs remaining in this class, then OT, then LB, then RB, and then maybe DT
I would love to have a player coming in to add to the rotation in year 2. Also Broadnax has just 1 remaining season. Collier will be a SR also and will be needed at DE on many downs. Tu'ua will be a RS JR or a SR next season. That leaves Blacklock RSO, Bethley SO and Ellis RFR or SO. That is 3 players total for 2 DT spots in 2019. This is the top positional need left. Not to add to it just starts the emptying of the cupboard. This is the Big12. Teams can dominate in the trenches or get blown off the line. Frog coaches have literally recruited more DTs this year than any position other than WR. What does that tell you?

TX_Krötenechse

I would love to have a player coming in to add to the rotation in year 2. Also Broadnax has just 1 remaining season. Collier will be a SR also and will be needed at DE on many downs. Tu'ua will be a RS JR or a SR next season. That leaves Blacklock RSO, Bethley SO and Ellis RFR or SO. That is 3 players total for 2 DT spots in 2019. This is the top positional need left. Not to add to it just starts the emptying of the cupboard. This is the Big12. Teams can dominate in the trenches or get blown off the line. Frog coaches have literally recruited more DTs this year than any position other than WR. What does that tell you?
I can name exactly two DTs that the coaches have gone after this season. We have heard all year that they’re going to take an elite DT or no one.

Froggy Style

I can name exactly two DTs that the coaches have gone after this season. We have heard all year that they’re going to take an elite DT or no one.
I tend to think the coaches are loading up on WRs too much and not enough on DTs. We seem to be running the offense at a bit slower pace, so keeping 20 WR for 5 max positions, when we probably average 3.5 on the field. We're keeping them on the roster at a 4x to 6x rate ie: at least 4 deep. If we don't take a DT, will we would be 2 deep in 2019 relying on more true freshmen, which is dangerous if you have an injury.

I'd say nix one of the final WR and go all in for a DT. JMO