• The KillerFrogs

Ron Meyer Dies

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I'm only in my 30s, so I wasn't around then. But based on the 30 for 30 and the other interviews I've seen, he seemed liked quite the character.

Wexahu

I'm only in my 30s, so I wasn't around then. But based on the 30 for 30 and the other interviews I've seen, he seemed liked quite the character.

My former boss was a really close friend of his and I got to spend some time around him at a couple dinners and such. That is correct, quite the character.

westoverhillbilly

He came to SMU from UNLV when they were DI-AA the same year that Bill Yoemen and UH entered the SWC and UT and Arkansas' grip on things changed overnight.. Meyer was indeed a colorful character- they started winning recruiting battles like never before once he got here..

He came to SMU from UNLV when they were DI-AA the same year that Bill Yoemen and UH entered the SWC and UT and Arkansas' grip on things changed overnight.. Meyer was indeed a colorful character- they started winning recruiting battles like never before once he got here..

Money talked relative to those recruiting battles

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
He said in the doc that he would pin a $100 bill on the bulletin board with his SMU business card on it.

MTfrog5

I understand he was probably a good guy and everything but I don’t understand why SMU praises him so much. Isn’t he a big reason why SMU football program is where it is? I’ve seen numerous SMU fans talking about how he’s the best coach they’ve ever had which is true, but they are acting like he won them fair and square

WIN

I understand he was probably a good guy and everything but I don’t understand why SMU praises him so much. Isn’t he a big reason why SMU football program is where it is? I’ve seen numerous SMU fans talking about how he’s the best coach they’ve ever had which is true, but they are acting like he won them fair and square

Well he did recruit craig james.