• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Frog Baller

I don't really get how we are 10 days away from the first home game and they have not even sent the ticket shipping info yet. Not a lot of margin for error, considering ticket purchases and upgrades were processed months ago.

They are intentionally holding them back to cut down on the Stub Hub flippers.

TCUdirtbag

They are intentionally holding them back to cut down on the Stub Hub flippers.

I doubt it. Is there a big market for TCU vs: ULM, Tennessee Tech, Nebraska-Omaha, William & Mary, South Dakota or Belmont? No, there’s not. The big games are all well into the season and holding them back until November 6 instead of October 25 does nothing to slow resale. There are only 12 season tickets for sale on StubHub, so I don’t think the secondary market is all that sizable.

FWIW, my order history now shows my basketball tickets with a 10/4 “printed date.”

There are 276 season tickets for sale on gofrogs.com. Getting so close to a sellout, but it doesn’t look like we’ll quite hit it. If you’re on the fence, they’re only $275/each for 18 games. You get priority points for the season tickets and loyalty points when you renew next year. If you do buy and can’t make many games, do be sure to get them into Frogs’ hands or use the “exchange” tool in your gofrogs account.

Last edited:

Hornedfrog431

Last year we over exceeded expectations, but this year we truly have a team that is capable of winning a couple games in the tournament. Can't wait for the season to start.

Purp

Just got an email stating my tix shipped today. Hope they don't have to be signed for like the football tix.

atofrog

Contributor
As noted above, season tickets have finished printing and have started to ship. Majority are going FedEx 2 day delivery. No signature required as we tried something different for football but obviously did not work as well as we would have liked.

If your account address is a PO Box, then tickets are shipping via Priority mail 2 day delivery.

If you requested to have tickets at will call, they will be available on Friday. We will send an email when ready.

In response to comment about Fort Smith, AR...that is where our season tickets get printed each year. They are shipped directly from the printer to your address. That is why it always says “Fort Smith” in the delivery route.

Thanks for your support and see you at the games this year. Will be exciting!

Go Frogs!

Purp

As noted above, season tickets have finished printing and have started to ship. Majority are going FedEx 2 day delivery. No signature required as we tried something different for football but obviously did not work as well as we would have liked.

If your account address is a PO Box, then tickets are shipping via Priority mail 2 day delivery.

If you requested to have tickets at will call, they will be available on Friday. We will send an email when ready.

In response to comment about Fort Smith, AR...that is where our season tickets get printed each year. They are shipped directly from the printer to your address. That is why it always says “Fort Smith” in the delivery route.

Thanks for your support and see you at the games this year. Will be exciting!

Go Frogs!
Peace is such an arse hole sometimes.

Pharm Frog

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...0/ranking-every-team-college-basketball-1-351

How are these rankings created?

Halfway between a pure rating system and a pollster's (greatly) expanded top-25 ballot, you'll encounter something like these rankings. They're the product of a lively and occasionally contentious conversation between yours truly and my laptop.

I start by rounding up the usual modeling suspects, namely, how good was the team last season and who's back from that roster. I make due allowance, where applicable, for sensational incoming freshmen. Lastly, I tweak as I see fit, allowing for things like transfers, aberrantly good or bad 3-point luck on offense or defense last season, coaching changes, etc.

Now, with all possible questions answered (right?), here are my rankings for 2017-18. Enjoy.

1. Arizona Wildcats | RPM% 49
2. Wichita State Shockers | RPM% 93
3. Duke Blue Devils | RPM% 19
4. Michigan State Spartans | RPM% 77
5. Villanova Wildcats | RPM% 53
6. West Virginia Mountaineers | RPM% 53
7. Cincinnati Bearcats | RPM% 73
8. Kansas Jayhawks | RPM% 37
9. Kentucky Wildcats | RPM% 7
10. North Carolina Tar Heels | RPM% 38
11. USC Trojans | RPM% 98
12. Purdue Boilermakers | RPM% 72
13. Virginia Cavaliers | RPM% 51
14. Northwestern Wildcats | RPM% 88
15. Florida Gators | RPM% 48
16. TCU Horned Frogs | RPM% 82
17. Gonzaga Bulldogs | RPM% 38
18. Xavier Musketeers | RPM% 69
19. Texas A&M Aggies | RPM% 83
20. Notre Dame Fighting Irish | RPM% 61

TCUdirtbag

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...0/ranking-every-team-college-basketball-1-351

How are these rankings created?

Halfway between a pure rating system and a pollster's (greatly) expanded top-25 ballot, you'll encounter something like these rankings. They're the product of a lively and occasionally contentious conversation between yours truly and my laptop.

I start by rounding up the usual modeling suspects, namely, how good was the team last season and who's back from that roster. I make due allowance, where applicable, for sensational incoming freshmen. Lastly, I tweak as I see fit, allowing for things like transfers, aberrantly good or bad 3-point luck on offense or defense last season, coaching changes, etc.

Now, with all possible questions answered (right?), here are my rankings for 2017-18. Enjoy.

1. Arizona Wildcats | RPM% 49
2. Wichita State Shockers | RPM% 93
3. Duke Blue Devils | RPM% 19
4. Michigan State Spartans | RPM% 77
5. Villanova Wildcats | RPM% 53
6. West Virginia Mountaineers | RPM% 53
7. Cincinnati Bearcats | RPM% 73
8. Kansas Jayhawks | RPM% 37
9. Kentucky Wildcats | RPM% 7
10. North Carolina Tar Heels | RPM% 38
11. USC Trojans | RPM% 98
12. Purdue Boilermakers | RPM% 72