• The KillerFrogs

GAME THREAD: TCU vs ISU

Mean Purple

Still a lot of football to be played...We are clearly better than UT, TT, and Bay..OU is OU..We can beat them..Our offense needs to figure it out but how would you like to be one of those 4 staring down the barrel of our defense. Still like our chances of running the table.
Well, If I am UT and know my defense could shut down cute play schemes in the red zones, and at mid field for that matter, and keep our d on the field and tire them out...matched with the fact that ut has sharp qbs, probably not as nervous as one thinks. If I am OU and know I can force TCU into a track meet/score race...probably not too worried.

Yes, we are better, but it is all 50/50 now.

French Frog

Let's put this loss in perspective! We are currently 7-1, and here is what the Frogs did in two of the previous three seasons. Any questions?????

2015 TCU Horned Frogs football
2015 record 11–2 (7–2 Big 12)

Alamo Bowl champion
Alamo Bowl, W 47–413OT vs. Oregon
Ranking
Coaches
No. 7
AP No. 7

2014 TCU Horned Frogs football
2014 record 12–1 (8–1 Big 12)

Big 12 co-champion
Peach Bowl champion
Peach Bowl, W 42–3 vs. Ole Miss
Ranking
Coaches
No. 3
AP
No. 3

TK2000

I hope our D line gets after our O-line all week in practice, both verbally and physically. The O-line has gotten worse every week since OKSt.

They need to man up at some point

Mean Purple

This OU defense looks amazing. They’ve held Tech to 13 through 8 minutes. Dominant.
Good news is, our D was able to hold ISU to 14. (Should have been 7. Not sure why we always give up opening drives.) Bad news: OU has Baker Mayfield. Our offense has to wake back up. Can't leave the D on the field against that dbag too long.

Mean Purple

I hope our D line gets after our O-line all week in practice, both verbally and physically. The O-line has gotten worse every week since OKSt.

They need to man up at some point
They need PM to get back on the field. I feel for Andrew. His chance at pro come from where he was playing earlier this year. And we should have run around the outside more. Good news is, I don't think Tech hires Cumbie away if they fire skinny jeans. Bad news, means we still throw dinky dunk passes down on the goal for another year. Cause Cumbie won't change.

Mean Purple

Let's put this loss in perspective! We are currently 7-1, and here is what the Frogs did in two of the previous three seasons. Any questions?????

2015 TCU Horned Frogs football
2015 record 11–2 (7–2 Big 12)

Alamo Bowl champion
Alamo Bowl, W 47–413OT vs. Oregon
Ranking
Coaches
No. 7
AP No. 7

2014 TCU Horned Frogs football
2014 record 12–1 (8–1 Big 12)

Big 12 co-champion
Peach Bowl champion
Peach Bowl, W 42–3 vs. Ole Miss
Ranking
Coaches
No. 3
AP
No. 3

So much for the pyramid.

Moose Stuff

Good news is, our D was able to hold ISU to 14. (Should have been 7. Not sure why we always give up opening drives.) Bad news: OU has Baker Mayfield. Our offense has to wake back up. Can't leave the D on the field against that dbag too long.

We didn’t give up anything on the opening drive.

Mean Purple

We didn’t give up anything on the opening drive.
My bad, should have pointed out that I was talking about two different issues. The 7 we should have stopped was the drive that lead to the ISU td in the back of the end zone.

The opening drive scores issue is one that has gone on for way too long.

puckster59

No. Their offense was shut out of the zone for a significant part of the game. Even kept out of fg range. They scored 14 points. We scored zero on offense.

TCU had everything it needed to win today. Resource were greatly mismanaged.

I have to agree. Iowa State got gashed a bunch on runs but benefited from a boatload of TCU holding penalties that created a lot of second- and third-and-longs and two turnovers when TCU was inside the 5. On offense, they didn't do a lot outside the two TD drives (and I think both were aided by PI calls on balls that were pretty clearly uncatchable).

I wonder how many times a Big 12 team has ever won while scoring only 14 points.

Pharm Frog

I have to agree. Iowa State got gashed a bunch on runs but benefited from a boatload of TCU holding penalties that created a lot of second- and third-and-longs and two turnovers when TCU was inside the 5. On offense, they didn't do a lot outside the two TD drives (and I think both were aided by PI calls on balls that were pretty clearly uncatchable).

I wonder how many times a Big 12 team has ever won while scoring only 14 points.

Don’t forget the fumble on 3rd and short and we weren’t so spectacular on third and long or third and short