• The KillerFrogs

GAME THREAD: TCU vs ISU

Mean Purple

While he played bad today, the offensive scheme had a lot to do with it. Wex hit the nail on the head earlier. I just replayed the play in the second half where HK threw the int on 3rd and 6. Those plays are drawn up by the coach. If KH can't throw accurate on plays longer than 10 yards (and it was that way for him today), than don't call passes that far down field! That play should have been a run. And if it does not work out, Kick for 3. Pass happy schemes down near the goal are just a bad way to go. And it is like the offensive staff never learns.

We know what can work. We have seen it this year. Cumbie went the opposite direction today. Run the long side of the field more. Pick up some yards at a time. And at least give yourself a shot to kick for 3.

I like Cumbie, don't get me wrong. But that was just a bad scheme.

OmniscienceFrog

Because it will impact the team's ability to get into the playoff, which one of their goals on the triangle.
You can forget about the playoffs. First, because TCU isn't getting in with a loss, and second, this probably isn't the last loss of the regular season. We've got a good defense, but if your offense can't score a single point, you're not going to do well in the Big 12.

dawg

Well that certainly sucked. Hopefully Hill and Cumbie got the suckage out if their system, because that certainly was a season-worth of suck. Getting Morris back will be huge for the o-line's effectiveness.

#BeatTexas.

Mean Purple

The wildcat has got to go. The opponents have figured it out. I just don't get marching all the way to the 3 and changing what we do.
That is the biggest frustration. The biggest issue is when they decide to run and when they decide to pass. Does not make any sense. It is the Leach offensive scheme...which has never gone undefeated.

Why did we move away from what was working earlier this year. We had every chance to win that game today.

Patterson should have stepped in there. That's what a HC does.

MadFrog

Hill was terrible, but the penalties really killed us. After seeing Robinson vs Kansas, I don't think he would have done anything. The OL was terrible. Many times the OL was manhandled. The play calling was terrible, especially in the red zone. How many times did we get no yards on a run into the line? Only Turpin and Anderson played with any fire on offense. Where was Diarse? I am of the opinion that # 6 Gaines should play every down on defense. He makes things happen. He does not make stupid PI penalties.