• The KillerFrogs

The Bowl Game Tickets/Priority Points Annual Discussion Thread

HToady

This should go long.

Got the email last night. Had purchased enough Alamo Bowl tickets to move up but over the past two years have dropped so far I am nowhere near close. It's a moving target. Again, I have had 8 tickets, plus Frog Club since they started counting, Can't get 8, no way no how. Yet the guy that has 2 season tickets can get 4. I don't get the lack of focus on number of season tickets? I guess I'll ask my rich friends for help again this year.....I know, it's all moot at this point.

Beat Iowa State!

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Yup - it's a mute point. Don't talk about it yet.
I thought it was a moo point? Because that's what cows say, and who cares what cows say?

Regardless, it's moot, because its not considered irregardless. I couldn't care less (as opposed to TCU football, about which I could care less).

As to the bowl game tix email, it has a definite jinx quality to it. Instead of being a title like the OP posted, the title of the email is "Request B12 Championship and Bowl Tickets." C'mon man.

UnderToad

Yes TCU did that to the baseball team earlier this year. The day after we clinched co-conference champions they sent out a tshirt email for "conference champions" tshirts. We didn't win another game during regular season.

TCUdirtbag

Give me a break.

Every school does this. One, we are bowl eligible. Two, there’s a 5-business day turnaround between the end of the regular season and the championship game. There’s literally no other option to than to do it this way and every other Big 12 school will do the same. It’s quite clear every request is contingent on qualification. Does anyone think we’re going to the Cactus Bowl? No. They put every possibility out there. Stop trying so hard.

Dogfrog

Signed up and submitted. Dreaming of New Orleans. Let’s rent out Lafitte blacksmith or old absinthe or...

Edit: Beat ISU.

Last edited:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Give me a break.

Every school does this. One, we are bowl eligible. Two, there’s a 5-business day turnaround between the end of the regular season and the championship game. There’s literally no other option to than to do it this way and every other Big 12 school will do the same. It’s quite clear every request is contingent on qualification. Does anyone think we’re going to the Cactus Bowl? No. They put every possibility out there. Stop trying so hard.
It’s not the email itself or the content. It’s the subject line, encouraging us to Reserve B12 champ tix. That’s the jinx.