• The KillerFrogs

Aggies and GP

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I thought Aggy was guaranteed to go after Chip Kelly. Honestly, I think that would be a terrible fit and I hope they do.

In reality, I think they would be dumb to go after anyone not named Brent Venables. That dude reminds me a lot of Patterson in his intensity, passion, and expectation of perfection. Hopefully he stays at Clemson as a DC for the next 10 years and is available should we desire to scoop him up after, God help us, GP's eventual retirement.

None of that aligns with their divine destiny of perpetual mediocrity.

That was a funny read. Some of them are in reality and some are not.

A lot of A&M fans see the world through SWC goggles.

Could Patterson one day do a Stoops, sure. You can't say never. But Gary has a legacy at TCU. That doesn't mean just football. It's all the people he has impacted at TCU, in Fort Worth, etc. The coaches in the area. The friends and family.

He has all the publicity you would ever want as a coach right in Fort Worth (national coaches awards, GameDay and like shows, he loves music - backstage passes to see bands coming to DFW- with the new Dickies arena more music/events will be coming, etc.). He was apart of the design of all these facilities, he built TCU football. TCU is a national brand part of a power conference (no matter what you think of it - Gary will retire before Big 12 dissolves, if it ever does). He is legend. It's more than just money. It's more than what I wrote.

Not to mention he works with Chris Del Conte one of the best ADs in America. And CDC knows the value of CGP, his coaching staff, and the health of all the sports. I don't think CGP would ever just leave.
When he is ready to go to his next challenge, whatever that is (which could be retirement or consulting or coaching, or whatever) I think he will do it with class. Sit with CDC, his wife, and important TCU people and have a long thought out plan for the future for TCU football. He is in a situation in which not many coaches get to have. Never say never but no purse, conference affiliation, is going to whip him to go anywhere.
Wow, all the initials above led me to remember this:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Wow, all the initials above led me to remember this:

With all those degrees you'd think he would be smart enough to realize that the sheer number of times Gilligan darned things up the best course of action would have been to lock him up so he couldn't darn up the next rescue attempt. But, alas, no. He, and all the rest, just kept letting that fool run wild. My theory is they didn't want to be saved. They were all running from something.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
With all those degrees you'd think he would be smart enough to realize that the sheer number of times Gilligan darned things up the best course of action would have been to lock him up so he couldn't darn up the next rescue attempt. But, alas, no. He, and all the rest, just kept letting that fool run wild. My theory is they didn't want to be saved. They were all running from something.

He had two very good reasons to stay put: Ginger, and Mary Ann.

netty2424

If saggy had half a brain they throw money at Holgerson...He'd be a great fit there...
Interesting thought. Do you think he's got enough skins on the wall. They fire Sumlin, they're going after someone with a few more pages on their resume. Just my opinion. I'd hate to see him go. I like Holgerson.