• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

Wexahu

Used to get up early enough on school days so I could watch espnews highlights before breakfast. Great thirty minute segment and you got all the scores and big games from the previous day. Made me a bigger baseball fan because it was easier to keep up with scores from the out of market teams.

Now I stick to MLB Network, Golf channel, etc to get actual content. Espn is only on my screen for college game day (though that's not close to what it used to be) and live games. If espn didn't have NCAA football, basketball and baseball coverage it would probably never be watched

Gameday, that's a good one. I used to watch that almost every Saturday too but I hardly ever do anymore. Not because I have anything against the guys on the show or against the show in general, I just don't really care for it and I'm not exactly sure why. There's only so much that can be said I guess and you get beat upside the head with analysis and meaningless polls, rankings and CFP projections nonstop, it's just overkill. I feel like the pot calling the kettle black but at least on here you're talking to people interested in the same team and you have your own soap box to get on.

jake102

Gameday, that's a good one. I used to watch that almost every Saturday too but I hardly ever do anymore. Not because I have anything against the guys on the show or against the show in general, I just don't really care for it and I'm not exactly sure why. There's only so much that can be said I guess and you get beat upside the head with analysis and meaningless polls, rankings and CFP projections nonstop, it's just overkill. I feel like the pot calling the kettle black but at least on here you're talking to people interested in the same team and you have your own soap box to get on.

I enjoy Gameday when TCU is good. That's about it.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I enjoy Gameday only when Lee Corso is providing in depth analysis.
lee-corso.jpg

Mean Purple

Not trying to be political and I'm not a trump supporter but Hill should be fired for that. Such a double standard. I only turn on ESPN for games or 30 for 30. Can't handle any of the other stuff any more.
They need to leave politics out of it. Soon FOX SPORTS will just roll them. I hope. They have just gone to crap in the past few years. It is like someone flipped a switch and a laser beam of suck instantly blasted out of the screen.

When the Holtz, Mark May after show ended/Chris went to the box to call games point of the timeline. It is just plain bad.

Double V

Now we know a bit more of "the rest of the story".... Sergio was from ESPN Deportes and has been with ESPN since 2013. Seems like it was an effort in bringing the racial minority and immigration story lines into the football broadcast.

“It’s been a couple of hours now, trying to digest what just happened to a 29-year-old Mexican guy like me, It’s 9/11, I’m in Denver, Colo., and this is the NFL, a ‘Monday Night Football’ game between the Broncos and the Chargers, the biggest stage possible. I was starting my elementary school Sept. 11, 2001, in Caliexico, Calif., born in Mexicali, Baha California, but growing up in the American environment as a minority — a minority like head coaches Vance Joseph [of the Broncos] and Anthony Lynn [of the Chargers].

“So all I wanted to do was show some respect, making my debut as a minority on American national TV, the biggest stage out there on the most heartfelt day in this great country made up by immigrants. And on some people’s perspective, it all went wrong. But I truly meant no disrespect, because all I wanted to do was to show some love to those two historical head coaches.”
What, exactly is "historical" about those 2 coaches???

Also, I am certain Dipp was not a minority in Caliexico, CA in 2001...Per the 2000 Census, persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin (assuming that is how he identifies) were 95.27% of Caliexico's population. Also, is growing up "in the American environment" the same as growing up in America?

Used to get up early enough on school days so I could watch espnews highlights before breakfast. Great thirty minute segment and you got all the scores and big games from the previous day. Made me a bigger baseball fan because it was easier to keep up with scores from the out of market teams.

Now I stick to MLB Network, Golf channel, etc to get actual content. Espn is only on my screen for college game day (though that's not close to what it used to be) and live games. If espn didn't have NCAA football, basketball and baseball coverage it would probably never be watched
You forgot ONE thing ESPN does well: The 30 for 30 series. But, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

tetonfrog

They need to leave politics out of it. Soon FOX SPORTS will just roll them. I hope. They have just gone to crap in the past few years. It is like someone flipped a switch and a laser beam of suck instantly blasted out of the screen.

When the Holtz, Mark May after show ended/Chris went to the box to call games point of the timeline. It is just plain bad.

So skip Bayless, shannon sharpe, Colin cowherd, Jason Whitlock are somehow better than hill? Come on. ESPN is bad now due to politics, fox sports is terrible! And they laid off most of their sports reporters instead of cutting one of their "personalities."

I would cut my ears off than listen to any of those clowns.

So skip Bayless, shannon sharpe, Colin cowherd, Jason Whitlock are somehow better than hill? Come on. ESPN is bad now due to politics, fox sports is terrible! And they laid off most of their sports reporters instead of cutting one of their "personalities."

I would cut my ears off than listen to any of those clowns.
1421915665697.jpg

YA

ESPN repeatedly warned Curt Schilling to stop political rants and he didn't after being warned/written reprimand on 4 different occasions. If Hill does it after today, then she will meet the same fate as they get only one free pass now.

W

Way of the Frog

Prior to this she did compare rooting for the Celtics with rooting for Hitler, recommended Packer fans throw batteries at Brett Farve when he returned to play with the Vikings, and compared Calipari with Charles Manson.

None political in nature, but all fairly outlandish. The difference is Schilling was just an extra piece of furniture on the set and She is a centerpiece to their prime time show.

ifrog

ESPN repeatedly warned Curt Schilling to stop political rants and he didn't after being warned/written reprimand on 4 different occasions. If Hill does it after today, then she will meet the same fate as they get only one free pass now.

Exactly, people forget how bad Schilling was. He had multiple chances, such a double standard. With that said sports and politics should never mix.

Pharm Frog

So I guess she gets a pass on all of her political rants on the American terrorism of the LBGT community and the 2000 years of Christianity as a violent religion? Don't defend the indefensible. It's far better, more honest, and more accurate that ESPN just prefers to advance a certain point-of-view. Personally I think they are as entitled to that position as I am to choose not to watch.

Pharm Frog

Prior to this she did compare rooting for the Celtics with rooting for Hitler, recommended Packer fans throw batteries at Brett Farve when he returned to play with the Vikings, and compared Calipari with Charles Manson.

None political in nature, but all fairly outlandish. The difference is Schilling was just an extra piece of furniture on the set and She is a centerpiece to their prime time show.

The difference is that the brass agrees with her.