• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

MAcFroggy

That's my thought as well. Apparently the NBA Playoffs have been HUGE for them this year (largest first round in 5+ years).

Probably because the mavs had such a bad year for the first time in over 15 years, but I have watched less NBA this year than any year I can remember. The NBA is a great league and generally watch tons of games but for some reason I just wasn't into it this year. I have watched like 20 total minutes of the playoffs. I definitely see the appeal of the playoffs because it is the first time a lot of the teams have anything to really play for, but for some reason this year I just could not get into it. Maybe I am just waiting for Cleveland - Golden State round 3.

FBallFan123

Looks like people are tuning in for prime time games and other league events (MLB, NBA, NFL Draft), but are tuning out of the talking head shows and various SportsCenter shows throughout the day.

Seems like a good guess.

I think I've read the NBA Playoff TV ratings are higher this year.

FBallFan123

I find the FS1 numbers far more interesting, and far more concerning for TCU / Big 12.

I don't think the FS1 numbers matter that much until after the Big Ten move later this year.

That should significantly increase their viewership....and if it doesn't, then there might be a problem.

Pharm Frog

Looks like people are tuning in for prime time games and other league events (MLB, NBA, NFL Draft), but are tuning out of the talking head shows and various SportsCenter shows throughout the day.

Go figure. Sports fans want to watch sports. Remember when there was music on MTV? Many on here probably don't.

Pharm Frog

WARNING: If you were told that there would be no math, do not click the link.

AS ESPN GOT MORE POLITICAL IN 2016, IT LOST REPUBLICAN VIEWERS

Deep Root Analytics specializes in local television measurement by segmenting the population into political, advocacy and commercial groups and matching those segments into observed TV viewership data via set-top boxes and smart TV data. This allows Deep Root to produce customized ratings and indices for every program and daypart on broadcast and cable TV – including data on ESPN’s viewership among loyal Democrats and Republicans.

We analyzed viewership data in a large media market in a swing state (Cincinnati, OH) for the entirety of 2015 and 2016. Also, to control for any changes in partisan identification between 2015 and 2016, Deep Root Analytics analyzed viewership among the same audiences across both years.

In our analysis, a clear trend emerges: ESPN’s viewership in this key swing state market became less Republican during 2016.

http://www.deeprootanalytics.com/20...political-in-2016-it-lost-republican-viewers/

Wexahu

Clayton is out but they extend Corso's contract. SMH

It's very uncomfortable watching the guy. I don't think anyone even pays attention to what he says, you just see if he can conquer the challenge of clearly completing a sentence. You can almost see the rest of the crew just kind of coaxing him along when he starts talking just hoping he can get the words out so they can move on. Can't believe they keep sending him up there.

frognutz

It's very uncomfortable watching the guy. I don't think anyone even pays attention to what he says, you just see if he can conquer the challenge of clearly completing a sentence. You can almost see the rest of the crew just kind of coaxing him along when he starts talking just hoping he can get the words out so they can move on. Can't believe they keep sending him up there.

One of these days soon he's going to put one of those Mascot heads on and then go tumbling off the stage.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
One of these days soon he's going to put one of those Mascot heads on and then go tumbling off the stage.
lee-corso.jpg

He's terrible.

Horny4TCU

If they made a rival channel, and were able to set up rivalry games all Saturday, that would probably be a big hit for some fan bases at least 1 once a season. If they could get Texas and TAM to play again, you'd get at least 20 million viewers in Texas for 1 game. Then the next week Michigan and Michigan and you have another state covered...