• The KillerFrogs

Great story and now a TCU connection....

Zubaz

I feel like no one is commenting on the obvious.

DUDE IS JACKED!!!

Y'all see him flipping that tire around the 5:00 mark? Makes me feel like an unhealthy POS.
I thought the same thing. I'm thinking "Oh this is a nice little story, disabled kid getting a chance to make a difference"

Coach: "Well, he benches 225"

Me: "Whaaaaaaat??.........can he play defensive end?"

AroundWorldFrog

I watched the video when it first came out. Great stuff and, yep, that kid was throwing that tire. It didn't say anything though about the story of how he ended up at TCU. Anyone have the back story?

yurintroubl

I watched the video when it first came out. Great stuff and, yep, that kid was throwing that tire. It didn't say anything though about the story of how he ended up at TCU. Anyone have the back story?

Just found this article from the FWST last year while Devon was in Fort Worth as a motivational speaker.

On Saturday morning he spoke to area youths, many of them athletes, at Tarrant County College’s Trinity River Campus as part of the Kemp Leadership Academy’s speaker series.

“I do not have a disability,” Berry said. “I have the ability God gave me.”

Larry Kemp, who founded the academy hoping to use it to inspire young people, saw Berry’s story featured on ESPN and reached out to the teenager.

“I thought maybe he could spur, encourage or motivate just one kid,” Kemp said. “He is an inspiration.”

TCU wasn't on his radar at that time.

Berry has accepted a scholarship to wrestle at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, the 2015 NCAA Division II team wrestling champion.