• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
This one is also a great organizational "how to" book. Very interesting story as well.

51JNyK%2BKjdL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Punter1

Miami Heat going all digital, no paper tickets so you have to use your phone to get in now. I see this backfiring horribly. What if your phone dies? What if you don't have a smartphone? Seems ridiculous.

Not sure if serious.

Brilliant idea in my opinion. I hate paper tickets. This will be the 100% norm in 3 years.

And my 4 year old has an IPhone to watch YouTube and boat. Homeless people have smartphones. Maybe some way older people don't...but not many.

TCUdirtbag

That's a solid probably not. I'm not sure she knows this site even exists. Which is perfectly fine. Plus she's a darning Longhorn fan...

Would not have expected this. She must wrestle real good.

Since I know several us spent a ton of time and money in the Pub, thought I would post this link here. Glad to now know that Dave's daughter plans to take over and keep the place going. Couldn't imagine going there and the place having 10 tvs now!!!

https://www.fwweekly.com/2017/08/02/university-pubs-facelift/

I object to the windows.

Greater caffeine, less acid, all day drink.
Plus its been 100 outside for awhile.

Coffee should be hot, black, and enjoyed thrice a day.

My wife is acting as if Baby gates are more important than the wheel on the list of human achievements. I'm not sure how I managed to live past 3 years old without baby gates in our house. At the current pace every darn doorway in our house will have a gate. I have no idea how to manage this type of insanity.

This makes me feel like my wife and I are terrible, laissez-faire parents.

I need advice also.

My 4 year old took 23 months to sleep thru the night...and since then I've been waking up on the same routine..1:45 and 4 am like darning clockwork. I need some sleeping aide to get me thru the night...and not have me a zombie the next day...

Anything y'all take work??

We were lucky to get our first through the night at 10 mos. But we had a similar problem for a month then took a 5-day trip to Hawaii -- threw off our sleep pattern when we came back on a miserable overnight flight. Were so tired we needed sleep and it was enough to get us back into a normal (sleeping through the night) routine. So, drop your kid with the grandparents and take a long flight somewhere - like Bali. Win-win.

Last edited:

ShepFrog

I need advice also.

My 4 year old took 23 months to sleep thru the night...and since then I've been waking up on the same routine..1:45 and 4 am like darning clockwork. I need some sleeping aide to get me thru the night...and not have me a zombie the next day...

Anything y'all take work??
I take trazodone and can't sleep a wink, if I run out. Takes some getting used too but you will not be a zombie the next day. Ambien is good but if I don't get 7 to 8 hours on it, I might be drooling or drive off the road. People do some crazy [ Finebaum ] on that stuff, if sleep gets interrupted.

Punter1

I take trazodone and can't sleep a wink, if I run out. Takes some getting used too but you will not be a zombie the next day. Ambien is good but if I don't get 7 to 8 hours on it, I might be drooling or drive off the road. People do some crazy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] on that stuff, if sleep gets interrupted.

So pros and cons of trazadone? And which is overall better??

Chico Dusty

I second trazadone, as I mentioned earlier. I took for about 6 months when I was going through a transitional period and was having a hard time sleeping. I don't really remember any cons. I liked it because it was smooth - it didn't knock you out. You could stay up if you needed, but once you hit the pillow you'd be out. Personally, I won't mess with Ambien unless you one has a serious case of insomnia. And benzos like xanax and klonopin can be very habit forming, with addictive properties.

Ron Swanson

Are any of the sleep meds safe to take with alcohol? I don't have a horrible time falling asleep, but when I drink I always wake up in the middle of the night and have a hard time falling back asleep.

ShepFrog

Trazadone helps you fall asleep but does not help keep you asleep. So, if you wake up you may not go back to sleep. However, that rarely happens to me, unless the monster (4 yr old daughter) wakes me up. There is zero zombie feeling with trazadone. You might get it for a week or so, while your body gets used to it. It does not last though.

Ambien will keep you asleep or make you pay for it, if you get up. Just read some horror stories on the interwebs. I would try Trazadone first.