• The KillerFrogs

Schloss is about to be on The Ticket (9:40 a.m.)

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I'm actually working in my underwear. A lender called in the middle of the interview so I have to go back to the app and listen to it. Give me a minute...

LendingTreeBoxers1.jpg

GP's Step-Son

Mostly geared towards limited scholarships related to college baseball and how Schloss thinks that needs to change.

Talked about how TCU's athletic programs/department is the front porch of the university (...like we've heard GP say 100 times) and with the way all three big sports are peaking applications have gone through the roof in the past 10-15 years.

Said we'll face elite pitching against Florida and we'll have to pitch with them. The team that wins will get that timely hit.

He's so well spoken, always gives a great interview.

Boomhauer

When talking about scholarship problems in college baseball he mentioned Lodolo as an example and said he turned down $2mm from the Pirates to take a half scholarship at TCU. Wow. Would think you'd have to offer full ride to get someone to turn down that kind of money. Schloss must have a hell of a sales pitch.

West Coast Johnny

When talking about scholarship problems in college baseball he mentioned Lodolo as an example and said he turned down $2mm from the Pirates to take a half scholarship at TCU. Wow. Would think you'd have to offer full ride to get someone to turn down that kind of money. Schloss must have a hell of a sales pitch.
Of course every manager in business and in baseball wants more reasources. This case he wants more scholarships. It puts expensive schools like TCU at a disadvantage but that is tough luck for us. Sorry, I don't support more scholarship $$$ for athletic budgets. He should ask Coach Patterson to recruit more football players that can also play baseball (Thomas, Aune)

Boomhauer

Schloss mentioned only 11.7 scholarships for 27 players so roughly 43%. You'd think they could at least bump it up a little.

Purp

Of course every manager in business and in baseball wants more reasources. This case he wants more scholarships. It puts expensive schools like TCU at a disadvantage but that is tough luck for us. Sorry, I don't support more scholarship $$$ for athletic budgets. He should ask Coach Patterson to recruit more football players that can also play baseball (Thomas, Aune)
Great point. Austin Aune was a great baseball player for us.