Cal State Fullerton
Sacramento State

Long Beach State
Texas
UCLA
San Diego State

Ouch.

tcumaniac

Have we discussed the $20 headed maniac'a way from GSR?

Can someone explain betting odds to me? I always get them confused.

The bet was: "Gary's Shirtless Revenge said he'd go $20 and that he'd give one person 2/1 odds."

I thought having 2/1 odds meant I had to put down $20 and would have won $40 if I won the bet, but would only be out $20 if I lost the bet.

Did I interpret this backwards?

Can someone explain betting odds to me? I always get them confused.

The bet was: "Gary's Shirtless Revenge said he'd go $20 and that he'd give one person 2/1 odds."

I thought having 2/1 odds meant I had to put down $20 and would have won $40 if I won the bet, but would only be out $20 if I lost the bet.

Did I interpret this backwards?

You're totally right, I did give you odds, I just forgot. You wagered $20 with the opportunity to win $40 back. I only had a 1/1 ratio.

So $40 it is... See my PM.

TCURiggs

GSR thought Texas was going to be so bad this year he bet that they wouldn't make a regional. Moose had stated that they had better talent than GSR was giving them credit for, and Maniac stepped up to the plate and accepted the open offer with 2/1 odds on $20.

Gracias. I remember that conversation now.

Ron Swanson

GSR thought Texas was going to be so bad this year he bet that they wouldn't make a regional. Moose had stated that they had better talent than GSR was giving them credit for, and Maniac stepped up to the plate and accepted the open offer with 2/1 odds on $20.
I always knew Maniac was a closet Longhorn fan. He hides it well, but it's pretty clear if you pay attention.

GoFrog Yourself

You're totally right, I did give you odds, I just forgot. You wagered $20 with the opportunity to win $40 back. I only had a 1/1 ratio.

So $40 it is... See my PM.
Technically he should be getting $60 total. On 2/1 odds, his original bet gets returned on top of double what he bet (hence the 2/1 odds).

So his original $20 + ($20 x 2) = $60. At least that's how it works at the track

cdsfrog

I always knew Maniac was a closet Longhorn fan. He hides it well, but it's pretty clear if you pay attention.

Haha. I was openly a huge fan myself, much more so than TCU until 2003 when I enrolled. I was Ut kinda until 2007 then not at all. Half my family went there including both parents. Now I love to watch them lose against TCU and suffer in general. That said I still root for them OOTO kinda.

tcumaniac

Ha ha. Good one.

UT isn't many notches behind Baylor on my hate meter. I've hated that school with a blind rage since my elementary school days. It feels like everyone was a damn longhorn fan growing up (even in Fort Worth), and I had to put up with their shiit talking all the way through high school. Year after year I got to listen to UT fans my age talk down to me for being stupid enough to be a TCU fan.

Ironically, a majority of those darnfaces couldn't even get into UT and I found a huge amount of joy rubbing it into their faces that I got into the McCombs school of business and wasn't even going to go there, while at the time, they would have given anything to have gotten into any school at UT.

Admittedly Baylor and Aggy have probably surpassed UT these days, but UT was my first true hate and will always be deeply despised and hated by me.

Pretty postive you were just trying to get under my skin, and I must admit, it worked. I darning hate UT so much.