• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

TCUdirtbag

My predictions:

National Seed (no order) /// Regional Host Pair

Oregon State /// Long Beach St
Stanford /// Arkansas (maybe flip with LBSU)
Texas Tech /// Clemson
LSU /// FSU
TCU /// Houston
Louisville /// Southern Miss
UNC /// Kentucky
Florida /// Wake Forest

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Official Hosts:

Baton Rouge - LSU
Chapel Hill - UNC
Clemson - Clemson
Corvallis - Oregon St
Fayetteville - Arkansas
Fort Worth - TCU
Gainesville - Florida
Hattiesburg - Southern Miss
Houston - Houston
Lexington - Kentucky
Long Beach - LBSU
Louisville - Louisville
Lubbock - Texas Tech
Stanford - Stanford
Tallahassee - Florida State
Winston-Salem - Wake Forest

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Season ticket holders can request Regional tickets now by logging on to your gofrogs.com account. App is up. $45 per GA all-session and $60 per reserved all-session. Plus a $10 fee.

Deadline for season ticket holders is 5 pm Wednesday.

If you have GA and want reserved, you have to buy your GA. Then if there are reserved left, they'll be offered to the GA folks in priority points rank order.

Pharm Frog

My predictions:

National Seed (no order) /// Regional Host Pair

Oregon State /// Long Beach St
Stanford /// Arkansas (maybe flip with LBSU)
Texas Tech /// Virginia
LSU /// Clemson or FSU (maybe flip with UVA)
TCU /// Houston
Louisville /// Southern Miss
UNC /// Kentucky
Florida /// Wake Forest

My hunch....actually I don't care that much although I'd rather Dirtbag's scenario be right than mine.

Oregon State // Wake
Tech // Clemson
Frogs // Arkie
LSU // Houston
UNC // Southern Miss
Florida // FSU (just to piss off everyone in FL and especially so when they send last-in Miami to the Gainesville Region)
Stanford // LBSU
Louisville // Kentucky (just too good to pass up)

Pharm Frog

Season ticket holders can request Regional tickets now by logging on to your gofrogs.com account. App is up. $45 per GA all-session and $60 per reserved all-session. Plus a $10 fee.

Deadline for season ticket holders is 5 pm Wednesday.

If you have GA and want reserved, you have to buy your GA. Then if there are reserved left, they'll be offered to the GA folks in priority points rank order.

#TCU17

TCUdirtbag

My hunch....actually I don't care that much although I'd rather Dirtbag's scenario be right than mine.

Oregon State // Wake
Tech // Clemson
Frogs // Arkie
LSU // Houston
UNC // Southern Miss
Florida // FSU (just to piss off everyone in FL and especially so when they send last-in Miami to the Gainesville Region)
Stanford // LBSU
Louisville // Kentucky (just too good to pass up)

I'm thinking they're trying to avoid some repeats - which is why I don't have UH in Baton Rouge or FSU in Gainesville. Pretty sure Kentucky in Louisville was recently done, too.

TCUdirtbag

Man, UVA got real screwed by not being selected as a regional host. Better by nearly every metric than FSU and Clemson except raw RPI.

May be a sign that this year's committee is looking at raw RPI pretty hard. If so, Stanford finished at #8 in the RPI and I bet that means RPI 1-8 are your national seeds.

Edit:

UVA had an OOC SOS of #235. So I think we found the real point the committee was making.

TCUdirtbag

5 hosts from the #3 conference in the country. Last year the #3 conference got only three teams in the whole damn thing.

yeah but the 2017 hosts are #1-15 + #17 in the RPI.

not sure you can argue any Big 12 team really got screwed last year by being left out. maybe WVU - don't recall their RPI though.

the difference in having 15 teams (ACC) vs. 9 teams (Big 12) also is often understated. They don't beat each other up as much at the top (because they don't play full round robin) which helps their RPI. You also see better OOC RPI out there because they have more good midweek options in driving distance. Plus by numbers alone they're going to get more teams in.

Pharm Frog

I sure don't want to have anything to do with a #2 Virginia squad. No thank you....put them in Lexington or Hattiesburg. Just don't send them to Ft Worth

TCUdirtbag

BASEBALL AMERICA PROJECTIONS

National Seed /// Regional Host Pair

#1 Oregon State /// Clemson
#2 North Carolina /// Southern Miss
#3 Florida /// Wake Forest
#4 Texas Tech /// Houston
#5 Louisville /// Kentucky
#6 LSU /// Florida State
#7 TCU /// Arkansas
#8 Stanford /// Long Beach State

Fort Worth Regional
(1) #7 TCU
(2) Auburn
(3) Dallas Baptist
(4) Radford

Fayetteville Regional
(1) Arkansas
(2) Oklahoma
(3) Miami
(4) Oral Roberts

Other Teams in the Field
Oklahoma - 2 seed at Arkansas
West Virginia - 2 seed at Clemson
Texas A&M - 3 seed at Clemson
Houston Regional - (1) Houston, (2) Texas, (3) Rice, (4) Texas Southern
Oklahoma State - 3 seed at Stanford
Baylor - 2 seed at Long Beach State

BYU - 3-seed at Oregon State: I point this out because BYU is supposedly refusing to play on Sunday, which puts the NCAA in the position of either saying too bad or screwing the other 3 teams by giving them 1 less day of rest than literally everyone else. So that will be interesting.

Of note: I don't think they'll have TCU and Tech as NS paired with Regionals where both 2-seeds are Big 12 teams. I just don't see it.

Pharm Frog

When you have three or more #2 seeds and two host sites, it's gonna be tough to avoid those potential intra-conference super pairings when they insist on this regionalization crap.

TCUdirtbag

When you have three or more #2 seeds and two host sites, it's gonna be tough to avoid those potential intra-conference super pairings when they insist on this regionalization crap.

They have plenty of options. I don't buy that. They shouldn't, and probably won't, pair both Big 12 NS with regionals where there Big 12 teams at #2 - it's no harder than there being 5 ACC hosts that can't be paired etc. With Tech, TCU, Ark, LSU, UH, So Miss all hosting, and 2-seeds needed out west, it's not hard to spread the 4-5 Big 12 1/2 seeds among more than 4 of the 16 regionals.

Pharm Frog

They have plenty of options. I don't buy that. They shouldn't, and probably won't, pair both Big 12 NS with regionals where there Big 12 teams at #2 - it's no harder than there being 5 ACC hosts that can't be paired etc. With Tech, TCU, Ark, LSU, UH, So Miss all hosting, and 2-seeds needed out west, it's not hard to spread the 4-5 Big 12 1/2 seeds among more than 4 of the 16 regionals.

Didn't say it was hard to do. Should be easy to do. But historically they've tried to keep #2's close to home and send #3's farther away. Another reason why I dislike the whole regionalization thing. Seed them hard 1-16 and then more loosely but carefully 17-32 and start placing. It isn't like it was in 1980. Teams travel.

Pharm Frog

BASEBALL AMERICA PROJECTIONS

National Seed /// Regional Host Pair

#1 Oregon State /// Clemson
#2 North Carolina /// Southern Miss
#3 Florida /// Wake Forest
#4 Texas Tech /// Houston
#5 Louisville /// Kentucky
#6 LSU /// Florida State
#7 TCU /// Arkansas
#8 Stanford /// Long Beach State

Fort Worth Regional
(1) #7 TCU
(2) Auburn
(3) Dallas Baptist
(4) Radford

Fayetteville Regional
(1) Arkansas
(2) Oklahoma
(3) Miami
(4) Oral Roberts

Other Teams in the Field
Oklahoma - 2 seed at Arkansas
West Virginia - 2 seed at Clemson
Texas A&M - 3 seed at Clemson
Houston Regional - (1) Houston, (2) Texas, (3) Rice, (4) Texas Southern
Oklahoma State - 3 seed at Stanford
Baylor - 2 seed at Long Beach State

BYU - 3-seed at Oregon State: I point this out because BYU is supposedly refusing to play on Sunday, which puts the NCAA in the position of either saying too bad or screwing the other 3 teams by giving them 1 less day of rest than literally everyone else. So that will be interesting.

Of note: I don't think they'll have TCU and Tech as NS paired with Regionals where both 2-seeds are Big 12 teams. I just don't see it.

Just looked at what they did by way of projection for Kentucky....nasty. Put a pissed off Virginia team in their regional as a #2 and paired them with their big brother Louisville for a Super. That's a filthy deal for Kentucky if it happens.