• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

jack the frog

Ok State wins the 7th bid for Big XII and bubble teams are in.

Aggies are in serious trouble with Xavier, Rice, Ok State winning today and MVC champion taking a spot. DBU winning that game 6-3 in top of 7th

Don't think one aggy is following today's activity. I don't follow that closely and it is apparent that basically everything that could go wrong for them did today. Most over there are chanting SEC SEC SEC and arguing between 2nd seed somewhere or 3rd seed somewhere else. Maybe so but I just don't see the slot.

Pharm Frog

Don't think one aggy is following today's activity. I don't follow that closely and it is apparent that basically everything that could go wrong for them did today. Most over there are chanting SEC SEC SEC and arguing between 2nd seed somewhere or 3rd seed somewhere else. Maybe so but I just don't see the slot.

Of they're following it. Many trying to rationalize why they should be in and Auburn out and stuff like that.

TCUdirtbag

I'll happily bet anybody on here who will take it that Texas Baseball will not make the postseason in 2017.

I'll go $20 and give 1 person 2/1 odds, I'll give Moose first dibs as the initial contrarian.

Like you don't even think they'll play in a regional?

I'll take that bet.

Have we discussed the $20 headed maniac'a way from GSR?

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I think they're safe but admittedly haven't been following it that closely. Seems like teams like Ole Miss and So Car have more to worry about than them. Maybe none of them get in, who knows?

TCUdirtbag

Reminder as host announcement comes up -- if consistent with the past, they announce alphabetically by city. I believe there are really only 17 contenders:

Baton Rouge / LSU
Chapel Hill / UNC
Charlottesville / Virginia
Clemson / Clemson
Corvallis / OSU
Fayetteville / Arkansas
Fort Worth / TCU
Gainesville / Florida
Hattiesburg / Southern Miss
Houston / Houston
Lexington / Kentucky
Long Beach / Long Beach St
Louisville / Louisville
Lubbock / Tech
Stanford / Stanford
Tallahassee / Florida State
Winston-Salem / Wake Forest

The last spot probably comes down to a race between Clemson, FSU, WFU and UH - with 3 of 4 getting to host (which should protect UH).

Pharm Frog

I'm thinking the Frogs get either #6 or #8 seed. I know this hasn't mattered as much in the past but I don't think the Committee will intentionally pit a #8 Stanford against a #1 Oregon State in the first round in Omaha should they both advance. I know that we got Tech last year but only Tech was the national seed while we grabbed A&M's slot.

LSU hopped Tech in RPI to get the 4th slot. I think a first round match-up between Tech and LSU could be a barn burner but so much would have to happen to get them there.

PurpleBlood87

Reminder as host announcement comes up -- if consistent with the past, they announce alphabetically by city. I believe there are really only 17 contenders:

Baton Rouge / LSU
Chapel Hill / UNC
Charlottesville / Virginia
Clemson / Clemson
Corvallis / OSU
Fayetteville / Arkansas
Fort Worth / TCU
Gainesville / Florida
Hattiesburg / Southern Miss
Houston / Houston
Lexington / Kentucky
Long Beach / Long Beach St
Louisville / Louisville
Lubbock / Tech
Stanford / Stanford
Tallahassee / Florida State
Winston-Salem / Wake Forest

The last spot probably comes down to a race between Clemson, FSU, WFU and UH - with 3 of 4 getting to host (which should protect UH).

But George Frazier said the Austin is going to host.