• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SAT Frog

Bleed, it happened while you were still not posting a lot and still recovering from your stroke, guessing maybe while your were in rehab hospital. I looked for the thread on it, but couldn't find it. Very sad situation where he was killed trying to protect a lady from a gunman, I believe. I think it was at least a year ago, but I am not certain

Purp

Damn. I was sort of pumped because I could remember his avatar and all the workout talk nwla was discussing made me think of him. Damn. Life is fleeting.
Like SAT said, I'm pretty sure it was in a Walgreens parking lot and he stepped in to defend a lady he didn't know and took a couple rounds. It was a fairly big local news story around here. You may be able to find it on the Google machine with these details.

TCURiggs

Did we not receive word that it was someone else, not gamecock? I thought that was clarified later.

Yeah, someone got him confused with a poster with a similar name (also had "Gamecock" in it). There was some confusion for a bit but I believe Wes confirmed that it was our HASMSP Gamecock that was killed. Awful deal... watching that news story again gave me the sads.

tcudoc

I've never been a fan of behind the head pull downs. I think it puts too much stress on your shoulders. I'd try dropping those and just do pull downs to the chest.
Again, too easy...
giphy.gif

tcudoc

Yeah, it was "Gamecock in DFW" who was killed. There was another poster with gamecock in his name and that was the source of the confusion.
Yeah. This is exactly what happened. I had a brief moment of hope that it was not him, then that was shattered when his identity was confirmed as our HASMSP friend. Very sad memory.

MTfrog5

Yeah, someone got him confused with a poster with a similar name (also had "Gamecock" in it). There was some confusion for a bit but I believe Wes confirmed that it was our HASMSP Gamecock that was killed. Awful deal... watching that news story again gave me the sads.
Well [ Finebaum ]. Never saw it was him that died. I thought it wasn't anyone here since the other gamecock posted. Son of a [ hundin] I like that poster

ShadowFrog

Moderators
They used to say that if you preflighted an F-4 that wasn't leaking hydraulic fluid, don't take it because it was out.

I kicked around a story idea back in the 70's to write about modern tech failing combined with a conventional attack on the CONUS requiring USAF to pull Rhino's and Buffs outta type 10 storage @ DMARC and flown by retire's and reservists to save the day. All I had was a title -- Relics to the Rescue.