• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Anyone been watching the Amazing Race this season? The hot blonde, Ashton, is a TCU grad and a realtor here in FW. They kind of portray her as a bit stuck up and bitchy but she's partnered with the biggest nerd which makes it difficult for personalities to mesh. I've actually worked with her on a few things over the last year and she's a sweet girl. I ran into her about a month ago with my son and he was too shy to get a hug. I told him he's gonna regret it one day.

cdsfrog

Just watched the last 2 episodes of The Kennedys After Camelot, on Reelz, with Katie Holmes as Jackie.
Don't bother. What a bunch of crap. Just more blather about how saintly she was. The dialogue was straight out of a treacle machine. Yeah, the Kennedys had a lot of tragedies - who hasn't?

#rantover
#i'mgrouchytonight

Damn you sound like me when Im hangry

Last edited:

SnoSki

So.. this product existed at one point:

18010335_10212904075653551_5389096742469326981_n.jpg

Purp

Just eat pie at Bluebonnet Cafe
We'll give it a shot. Had lunch at Laird's. Food wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing either. Great little location though and I really liked the setting.

It got a little weird when the pit master started talking to us about Fort Worth. He graduated from White Settlement in the early 60s and hadn't been back until a couple months ago. Running down the list of lamentable things he noticed while there he mentioned "all the colored people in [his] neighborhood" and how run down they let everything get.

Still a nice afternoon, though.

Ron Swanson

We'll give it a shot. Had lunch at Laird's. Food wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing either. Great little location though and I really liked the setting.

It got a little weird when the pit master started talking to us about Fort Worth. He graduated from White Settlement in the early 60s and hadn't been back until a couple months ago. Running down the list of lamentable things he noticed while there he mentioned "all the colored people in [his] neighborhood" and how run down they let everything get.

Still a nice afternoon, though.

I love when you're talking to someone and they start being openly racist and just assume you dislike people who don't share your skin color, too. It's like since I'm white they just assume they are free to talk negatively about "coloreds" or whatever term they decide to use, and that I share their sentiments.

It's always a little shocking and I never know how to respond. At least it serves as a good reminder that there are still people like that out there.

Sup guys, I miss y'all, it's been forever...

Ironically enough work has been killing my KF.c productivity.

Anywho, I just arrived in San Antonio for a business trip -aka- The Valero Texas Open and happened to see this outside my hotel upon arrival...
IMG_5991.jpg

Begs the question, does anyone have some TCU golf connects?

Purp

I love when you're talking to someone and they start being openly racist and just assume you dislike people who don't share your skin color, too. It's like since I'm white they just assume they are free to talk negatively about "coloreds" or whatever term they decide to use, and that I share their sentiments.

It's always a little shocking and I never know how to respond. At least it serves as a good reminder that there are still people like that out there.
I really think he wasn't racist. I took it more as an old country guy being descriptive in the politically correct vernacular of his day. Its just not something you hear that often anymore so it stood out and my Mexican friend who was with us was noticeably uncomfortable with the word. He wasn't offended, just unsure how he should take the comment.