• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ftwfrog said:
Losing sucks but we lost to OU and Arkansas. We aren't a terrible team, just have a few holes. No pressure for playoffs (kind of funny to laugh at now), or Big 12 championship. Just enjoy the ride.

and beat the rapists.
True that.. almost makes football more enjoyable without the pressure of the playoffs, if that makes sense

And I still plan on being a pent up rage of sports angry in waco this November

nwlafrog

Just got around to reading some of the post loss threads. Ran across Taco2 giving out his own version of a warning by telling someone "better grab your running shoes", followed up a few posts later by "take a lap". Also saw a "give me a set". It may piss some people off, but I needed that laugh.

I missed the game to be in Robeline, LA for a fall festival that Mrs. NWLA was performing at. I took the polite route and avoided using fox sports go and only checked the game thread a few times. She now knows that our loss is completely her fault and that the team needed me to watch them from my couch in order to win (just kidding...Kind of). I did wear a black polo and purple hat to do my part in participating in the blackout even though I couldn't make it to the game.

I'm just going to enjoy the season for what it is. It's going to be one heck of a finish and there's no telling what will happen. The only game that I plan to take way too seriously is the BU game. Seriously, darn those darnin' darn faces.

Tom Brown

ftwfrog said:
Losing sucks but we lost to OU and Arkansas. We aren't a terrible team, just have a few holes. No pressure for playoffs (kind of funny to laugh at now), or Big 12 championship. Just enjoy the ride.

and beat the rapists.
No pressure on Big 12, but we are faaaaar from out of it.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Taco2 said:
No doubt. PurplFrawg has deleted 20+ of my posts today. Wes has told me to leave.

fWx327.gif

cdsfrog

It's a combination of talent and coaching. Our defense looked incredible the last 19 minutes and during the first 10 minutes. The 30 minutes in between looked like Iowa state's defense. Still pleased with a lot of positive development on the offensive side. Like taj Williams alot.

Despite our inconsistencies I feel like a solid year is still possible. I would take 9-4 or 8-5 this year. Get to a bowl and get a win. We had 2 awesome years with great finishes back to back. Can't get be great every year unless you're bama or Ohio state

Ron Swanson said:
You just gotta roll with it and lower your expectations for the year, bad seasons happen... it sucks but it is what it is. It's not necessarily anyone's fault, some times teams just don't gel or whatever.

Remember the 2013 (?) baseball team wasn't very good at all, but that just happens every once in a while. We weren't good 2011-2013 in football and it was frustrating as hell.

We'll be back soon.

And it's not like we're terrible, we're just frustrating as hell to watch and very flawed. We'll still be in every game and the season will be a wild ride to watch.

A former boss of mine is an OU alum.  He once told me the most fun he ever had as a fan was 2005.  I think they finished 8-4 that year.

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
I lost my edge last year after the Okie Lite loss... got extremely frustrated and pissed off a few of my friends at a watch party. Had to cool off for like 30 minutes after the game and went inside to apologize to them.

That's when I knew I was taking TCU football too seriously

I'm gonna cheer for the frogs as loud as I always have, but not gonna let the outcome of the game affect my mood

Try being there. I've gone to Stillwater every year and watched us play our worst game of the year every scheissing time.

Punter1

Boykin4Prez said:

Try being there. I've gone to Stillwater every year and watched us play our worst game of the year every (mating between Steel & 2314) time.
It's felt like we have played in Stillwater every year. 3 of the first 4.

I love that were in the Big 12...well maybe not sometimes after the ass darning we took Saturday night...but I will never forget/understand/let go the fact that we had to play there 2 years in a row. That was darning criminal.

Punter1

TCURiggs said:

Deadspin tweeted this out last night. The first comment in their article was "Let's hope the children are alright and everyone else is dead."

Lol
Who the darn has a $5 mil ring...I know they're excessive, showy and stupid...ok...nevermind.

SnoSki

ftwfrog said:

and beat the rapists.
e5ae5fa074b31ccb6f68e663fe73a0e5.jpg

SnoSki

PhormerPhrog said:
My HS class had it's 20 year reunion Saturday night.  We had about 320 in our class.  About 125 went to the 10 year.  From the photos posted on the bookface it appears that about 15 attended the 20.

The guy who was supposed to plan our 10 year completely flaked out and didn't plan anything. He is FB friends with many people, myself included, and I could see that people were writing on his wall to get details. He ignored every one of them, yet continued to use FB, share stuff, post stuff, etc... just would completely pretend like nothing was there whenever someone asked about it.

Some friends of mine did their own mini-reunion at an ice house. 

Tom Brown

SnoSki said:

The guy who was supposed to plan our 10 year completely flaked out and didn't plan anything. He is FB friends with many people, myself included, and I could see that people were writing on his wall to get details. He ignored every one of them, yet continued to use FB, share stuff, post stuff, etc... just would completely pretend like nothing was there whenever someone asked about it.

Some friends of mine did their own mini-reunion at an ice house. 

Mine is the 22nd, I'm going to it instead of WV. It'll be warmer in Sundance Square, and cheaper.