• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

berryfrog95

Pretty happy I talked myself into waiting on my $600 TCU -17.5 wager yesterday...

me too, although I still think we can cover that......but you never know, the team may be 'down' a bit?

Heck, I know i'm down right now....lord almighty.....

Do we turn Matt Brown into a Ryan Christian type in the backfield....think about where we were 3-4 years ago at RB....have to be glad we have Tucker and co....

jake102

You could add Justin Isadore at LBer as he would have still had a year or two left and obviously RB Dwight Smith.

We need a QB or WR, not sure if Aune counts. Maybe Matt Brown and Porter could transfer or something? That would really fill out the roster nicely and create a competitive team.

Goo

Injury:

Waymon James – Starting RB (if rumors are true)
Travoskey Garrett – Probable starting CB
Stephen Bryant – Starting TE/FB
Ross Forrest - Starting DE
Danny Heiss - Backup LB
Blake Roberts – Backup DE
Ethan Grant - Backup RB
Greg Burks – Backup LB

Drug Bust:

Tanner Brock – Starting LB
Devin Johnson – Starting safety
DJ Yendry – Starting DT
Ty Horn – Backup OT

Grades/Unspecified reasons:

Ed Wesley – Starting RB
James Dunbar – Starting OT
Deryck Gildon – Brock’s replacement, starting LB
Travaris Battle – Potential starting CB
Carter Wall - Backup OL
Nykerion Wellington – Backup OT
James Bailey – Backup safety

Justin Isadore - LBer
Dwight Smith - RB
Austin Aune - QB

That has to have freed up about a dozen scholarships.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
So sorry to hear this for Waymon. I really would like him to medical RS and come back, but he should do what's best for him and his family.

However, remember this day. This was the day that the path to BJ Catalon's superstardom was first cleared.

Purple Daze

Okay, everybody take a deep breath.

WOOOOSAHHHHH.

Things are going to be OK. We have Tucker, Catalon and Dean (despite the last two being pretty unproven).

We also still have Casey, Boyce, Dawson, Carter, Brown and a slew of others. Not to mention, our defense still hasn't allowed a TD this year, and last time I checked, WJ didn't play in the secondary too.

I hope so but I sort of have the picture of all of these losses mounting up, reaching a tipping point that becomes so unstable just one more loss can tip the whole thing over. I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't think we can sustain any more major losses and keep thinking 8-9 wins is possible. At some point the loss of quantity and quality is going to make a negative difference. Again, hope I'm wrong but I disagree with one of the posts that argued there wouldn't be that big a loss because of what's behind WJ. I see it as a pretty significant drop off. WJ was-is a beast.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
We need a QB or WR, not sure if Aune counts. Maybe Matt Brown and Porter could transfer or something? That would really fill out the roster nicely and create a competitive team.

At WR add Sam Schutt who would be a RS SR. Aune probably wouldn't count because never on the roster. Also another DB lost who would still be around is Jurrell Thompson.

Goo

Injury:

Waymon James – Starting RB (if rumors are true)
Travoskey Garrett – Probable starting CB
Stephen Bryant – Starting TE/FB
Ross Forrest - Starting DE
Danny Heiss - Backup LB
Blake Roberts – Backup DE
Ethan Grant - Backup RB
Greg Burks – Backup LB

Drug Bust:

Tanner Brock – Starting LB
Devin Johnson – Starting safety
DJ Yendry – Starting DT
Ty Horn – Backup OT

Grades/Unspecified reasons:

Ed Wesley – Starting RB
James Dunbar – Starting OT
Deryck Gildon – Brock’s replacement, starting LB
Travaris Battle – Potential starting CB
Carter Wall - Backup OL
Nykerion Wellington – Backup OT
James Bailey – Backup safety

Justin Isadore - LBer
Dwight Smith - RB
Austin Aune - QB

That has to have freed up about a dozen scholarships.

Didn't Ty Horn start 8 games last year? I would put him as another "starter" lost.

itsalizard

When our running game continues to produce as I expect it will, I can't wait for Big 12 fans to say something like "Sure, it looks like you might have depth at RB but that is just one position. In the Big 12 you need... blah blah blah fart and fall down".

SnoSki

If we have to, we can putt Matt Brown on the edge and run option lef, option right, option middle all day long. That son of a gun is fast.

dkfrog

There is nothing to lol about as WJ was the go to guy on the ground and when you needed a tough yard he was the guy. The next guy up as HCGP says is a shadow of WJ. No team ever has lost the starters/depth we have due to drugs, injury, personal/academic issues and gone on to have a good season. As great as HCGP is he is not god, he can't salvage this train wreck no one could. People need to stop drinking the purple coolaid and start looking at the facts. We are going to be average at best this year, just to many player losses to hope for anything better.

Actually GMFP said that Tucker looked the best of all the backs throughout the spring, summer, and camp...

Goo

Man, think of all the work that goes into getting a Waymon James type RB.

The scouting to find him.
The recruiting to land him.
The coaching to get him to this point.
The game experience and big game experience
etc etc etc

Our coaches had a tremendous amount of time invested in all of these guys. Just last week, Ross Forrest ended his career with knee injury. He was a walk-on DE that became a total stud. This rash of injuries has to be frustrating to coaching staff, but I guess it is part of the job.

illini_frog

Honestly, Waymon probably has no idea who I am, but my freshman year when I was meeting with Sinq to talk about walking on to the team, my dad and I were lost in the football complex, Waymon, without saying who he is, walked up to us, asked us if he could help, then walked us all the way to the football offices, and introduced me to other players along the way.

He's a hell of a guy, based off my experience and from what others have said, and I really hope he is okay - deserves nothing but the best.

rifram09

There is nothing to lol about as WJ was the go to guy on the ground and when you needed a tough yard he was the guy. The next guy up as HCGP says is a shadow of WJ. No team ever has lost the starters/depth we have due to drugs, injury, personal/academic issues and gone on to have a good season. As great as HCGP is he is not god, he can't salvage this train wreck no one could. People need to stop drinking the purple coolaid and start looking at the facts. We are going to be average at best this year, just to many player losses to hope for anything better.

stawp dreenkin da coolaid, ewe dummies!

We are screwed! So says this guy.