• The KillerFrogs

Baylor vs TCU Rivalry Name

cdsfrog

Saw this on the Big 12 Blog and I like it

TCU vs Baylor: The Revivalry

If you hate it, provide your suggestions.

G

Ghost of UPub

Why does it need a name other than TCU versus Baylor?

Wasn't part of joining an ACQ conference that the level of play in the conference itself was enough to attract attention?

Chieves

Lots of rivalries have names... Civil War (Oregon and Oregon St), Big Game (Stanford and Cal), Red River Rivalry (OU and Texas)... having a name means that it is a "big deal".

G

Ghost of UPub

Those names came organically and weren't forced on the game. No one decided a few years back that Ole Miss and Mississippi State should be called the Egg Bowl or UGA- Florida should be called the The World's Largest Cocktail party.

It is something that is unique about the game and not forced. Heck, the Battle of the Iron Skillet to me has always been forced since the skillet was found. If the name was so great why did it go away when the trophy was misplaced?

Rabble Rouser

Also EA sports sure must think BU-TCU is a rivalry to put RG3 in a TCU uni for those web ads. The other examples I've seen used are Eddie George in a Michigan uni and Charles Woodson in a Ohio State uni.

WColeman

I thought TCU was trying to downplay the religion angle in referring to their athletic teams and The Revivalry reeks of religious overtones. Why not just go ahead and call it the Vacation Bible School Smack-down!

Rabble Rouser

Ancient history. Let's keep it in the last 20 years.

boxxy_trollin.jpg

G

Ghost of UPub

Sorry, but just because we have played that many times and no one has the edge over the other means we have played each other for a long time and it has been a coin flip.

When I was in school Baylor was a game just like Rice. The rivalry was SMU, Tech was always a wild game, and then we were excited about playing Texas.

The only time I can recall the Baylor game getting much attention was the year after that asshat Teaff ran up the score because he thought FA did the same to him the year before in one of FA's rare blow-out victories.

cdsfrog

Ancient history. Let's keep it in the last 20 years.

You mean 1991-2011?

TCU leads 5-4. Try again.

Clearly I must be cherry picking even though used the exact time frame you suggested.

1981: Baylor Leads 11-8
1961: 21-18 Baylor
1941: TCU leads 27-29
1921: TCU leads 38-32

Didnt include the ties but you get the picture

G

Ghost of UPub

Wow, so if EA Sports says it is a rivalry then it must be so.

Heck, why don't we just simulate the season.