• The KillerFrogs

Zebra Frog please help: Terrible Spot on Carter catch at end of 1st Half

DangerFrog

His forward progress had the first down. He never voluntarily went back and then tried to go back upfield. He caught the ball for a first down and got hit backwards. He never planted and tried to go back upfield after getting the first down.

The picture you gave us shows nothing as the KU guy hadn't hit him. Where does he get hit? That's the real question.

This is how I saw it as well. It's hard to tell in real time, but they should have taken a look at it. I thought it looked like besides trying to stop, he was not fighting for progress.

Yeah, that is what dangerfrog is not understanding. I am fully aware that if he planted and tried to go upfield he would have lost the first down. But the fact that his momentum carried him backwards and he was then drilled out of bounds does not lose the first down.

DangerFrog

He gets hit on the other side of the first down, but it JUST DOES NOT MATTER. He already has the first down and does nothing to give it away.

If he doesn't get hit till the other side of the first down, then it isn't a first down! Forward progress doesn't apply if he goes back under his own power. He ran behind the line to gain without being pushed back.

DangerFrog

He did not run anywhere! Please watch the video. Backward momentum and running backwards with your feet on the ground are 2 very different things. He lands and get drilled. No running occurred.

Watching the video, I'm even more confident it was a good call. He came back under his own power. His momentum carried him, not the other team.

roddog

Banned
If he doesn't get hit till the other side of the first down, then it isn't a first down! Forward progress doesn't apply if he goes back under his own power. He ran behind the line to gain without being pushed back.

Arguing with Bonner is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, he's going to come crashing in, knocking over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like he's victorious. - Westsider

df1332

He did not run anywhere! Please watch the video. Backward momentum and running backwards with your feet on the ground are 2 very different things. He lands and get drilled. No running occurred.
Bonner, his own momentum takes him back inside the first down distance. It is pretty obvious, and then the defenders hit him. If the defenders had hit him in the air as he caught the ball, then I would have to agree with you, but he ran back inside the first down distance on his own.

DangerFrog

Arguing with Bonner is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, he's going to come crashing in, knocking over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like he's victorious. - Westsider

I'll give you that one. Hilarious.

My god :sleep:

Where is Zebra???

If he says it was correct, I guess I'll believe it. I still see no effort to gain yards after already getting the first down.

roddog

Banned

Where is Zebra???

If he says it was correct, I guess I'll believe it. I still see no effort to gain yards after already getting the first down.

Bonner Jesus could pull you up to heaven and explain it to you and you would still argue, I guarantee you your boss hates you!

PO Frog

Where is Zebra???

Unreal. You are so completely wrong on this and refuse to accept it. His own momentum took him from in front of the line to behind it. He doesn't have to make an attempt to go forward again. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows you don't get credit for forward progress when you voluntarily retreat (momentum or otherwise). You are making a fool of yourself.