• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo! Sports: AAC attempting to take all eight remaining Big 12 members

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AAC attempting to take all eight remaining Big 12 members

Griffin McVeigh

Texas and Oklahoma seem to have their next conference destination figured out. According to Ross Dellinger of Sports Illustrated, both schools are expected to be extended invitations to the SEC and then accept. The deal is all but finished.

As for the other eight schools… They seem to be out of luck at the moment. Reports of the Big Ten calling Iowa State and Kansas turned out to be false, while West Virginia and the ACC seem to be flirting with each other.

If everything works out how the Red River schools hope, the Big 12 will be at eight members come the 2022 football season.

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/report-aac-attempting-eight-remaining-192507882.html?src=rss

HToady

AAC is looking to become a P5. Big 12 has thumb up it's ass. I hope they succeed. Better management anyway...

Moose Stuff

AAC is looking to become a P5. Big 12 has thumb up it's ass. I hope they succeed. Better management anyway...

Please tell me you don’t think the AAC has a chance to become a P5. You see where this is headed right??? It isn’t even remotely headed in a direction where G5 schools are getting added to the mix. They’re taking chairs AWAY from the table, not adding them.

Please tell me you don’t think the AAC has a chance to become a P5. You see where this is headed right??? It isn’t even remotely headed in a direction where G5 schools are getting added to the mix. They’re taking chairs AWAY from the table, not adding them.
I can see it now...ESPN is feeding the line to the AAC that if they can grab the Leftover 8, then "wink, wink, nod, nod", we can make sure you become a Power 5 Conference.

Meanwhile, ESPN is laughing hysterically at them behind their backs because they'll save hundreds of millions if the AAC falls for the scam.

The kiddie table is going get really crowded here pretty soon.

CountryFrog

I keep seeing it everywhere though. For the life of me I just don’t get it. I mean there has to be ZERO chance of the remaining 8 staying together and joining the AAC when they could just raid the AAC/etc and keep the Big 12 together. What am I missing here?
You're missing contacts within ESPN. If you had those then they'd be telling you the REAL truth that's totally unbiased and has nothing at all to do with increasing their own personal gain.

CountryFrog

This McVeigh dude is obviously doing ESPNs bidding, trying to get their attention so he might get a job offer from them one day.

Because there's no other rational explanation for the stupidity he just published.
It greatly behooves ESPN to have other reporters without the 4 letters in their job title to take their messaging out to the public. So they're absolutely calling on their friends in the industry to do some specific "reporting." Those people are either too ignorant to understand how they're being used or are simply looking to curry favor with ESPN in hopes of possibly getting a job there one day.

Dogfrog

If they stayed in the Big 12 and added nobody the same would apply.

Dream about staying at eight, 7 conference and 5 non conference games, hire Eric Dickerson as conference commissioner, use the NLI to pay players top $$$ to play, tell everybody to KMA, either go all in or go out like Thelma and Louise.

Pharm Frog

It greatly behooves ESPN to have other reporters without the 4 letters in their job title to take their messaging out to the public. So they're absolutely calling on their friends in the industry to do some specific "reporting." Those people are either too ignorant to understand how they're being used or are simply looking to curry favor with ESPN in hopes of possibly getting a job there one day.

ESPN is hemorrhaging reporters and other staff annually.

Pharm Frog

But what music is playing in this game of musical chairs? That’s the question