• The KillerFrogs

Will this be the week?

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Will we see a QB run game with Kenny Hill? I just think Kenny is a much more lethal QB when he is mobile. It seems that we haven't had any designed QB runs so far but that could be so that we could pull them out for the first time in the OSU game. Just wondering if others thought the same. I figured it would happen at Arkansas

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Lol, no honestly just someone really surprised by the lack of a QB run game. I think it makes our offense better. It doesn't even have to be a designed QB run play. I think having a mobile guy who can make some plays with their feet gives the Frogs the best chance to win.

f_399

Patterson said before the season started that they were going to have plays where Hill could use his mobility more.

We have not seen it yet maybe because we have not had to use it.

Hopefully he allows the offense to open up the playbook.

Jet Set Frog

We have not seen it yet maybe because we have not had to use it.

This. We all knew the offense that Jackson St., SMU, and to some extent Arkansas was going to be drastically limited compared to what was in store for the meat of our schedule, so it confuses me as to why so many people are questioning why there hasn't been more variety to date.

4th. down

Hell, I'm not worried about our offense, we can score on anyone but unless GP comes with something different on defense, we will have to score in the mid 50's to have a chance. You cannot stop Mason with a 3 man rush playing coverage nor a 4 man rush giving him 3 seconds because that's all he needs. Now is not the time to be hard headed - don't keep doing the same thing that doesn't work and expect different results. How about a 4-3 with 2 LB's shooting? OK so they bust a couple of backs on draw plays for 15-20 yds. but it's better than living with and loving the bomb. In the Pitt. game he normally had 3 seconds and it was bombs away.

LeagueCityFrog

I think we will see Kenny run a bunch. That running quarterback from Pitt that replaced the pocket passer was way more effective against Okie State's defense last week. Mason Rudolph didn't seem like a quarterback that takes off and runs so there better be some serious blitzing going on this week.

All that being said, I think we are going to need 56 points and a prayer to win this game. TCU only has to win one of two of these games in Oklahoma and also take care of business in Manhattan and Lubbock and we will be in the Big XII championship game. Let's get this game in Stillwater! OU appears better than OSU this year.

Wexahu

Hell, I'm not worried about our offense, we can score on anyone but unless GP comes with something different on defense, we will have to score in the mid 50's to have a chance. You cannot stop Mason with a 3 man rush playing coverage nor a 4 man rush giving him 3 seconds because that's all he needs. Now is not the time to be hard headed - don't keep doing the same thing that doesn't work and expect different results. How about a 4-3 with 2 LB's shooting? OK so they bust a couple of backs on draw plays for 15-20 yds. but it's better than living with and loving the bomb. In the Pitt. game he normally had 3 seconds and it was bombs away.

I doubt he has a conservative defensive gameplan. For one thing, Rudolph is not really a runner so you kind of take that threat off the table, we'll be able to turn loose the DEs a little more than usual.

We may get smoked, I don't know, [ Finebaum ] happens sometimes, but going into this game I think we may be putting OSU a little too high on a pedestal. IMO they aren't that great. There's no reason we can't play with these guys heads up.

LSU Game Attendee

OK so they bust a couple of backs on draw plays for 15-20 yds. but it's better than living with and loving the bomb. In the Pitt. game he normally had 3 seconds and it was bombs away.
Is it?
giphy.gif

P

purplePPO

I am thinking you will see occasional disguised blitzes. TCU's base pass rush will be better than what they have seen all year. They will get to Randolph several times and or force a hurried pass for an INT.
Go Frogs!

FrogLifeYo

We generally only play base def when we're the favorite and Coach P wants to see what his team is made of...I think we get creative early and often in this game.