• The KillerFrogs

Will Patterson keep defense "simple"

Tumbleweed

What makes it tough in Stillwater, the fans are on top of you as a player, maybe 15-20 feet. Then you got the kids pounding on the wall above you. Personally I think it's a lousy stadium but they were confined to start with when they renovated that thing.

jake102

That last TD throw by Hicks was definitely a blown coverage on Small..Even still he's a player we need

I just don't really understand how you can have 4-5 blown coverages in a game where you literally don't cover the person you are supposed to. And those are just the coverages where the guy got thrown the ball.... wonder how many other coverages were lost against SMU.

pgdaly84

I expect CGP to go with two safeties deep, which means our LB'ers better be ready to cover the crossing routes and short/intermediate routes. Gonna be tough, but I think he has the depth he needs to do it this time.

jake102

I expect CGP to go with two safeties deep, which means our LB'ers better be ready to cover the crossing routes and short/intermediate routes. Gonna be tough, but I think he has the depth he needs to do it this time.

Yeah, I don't expect to see CBs on an island very much. Think you will at least have Orr/Small over the top on Washington most plays and likely another safety deep on other side.

Think the 4-1-6 with Gaines will be popular as well. And probably the most important thing is for the DL to eat the OL all day. If their OL pushes us around, game over. Need DL to clearly be the better unit

FrogLifeYo

I just don't really understand how you can have 4-5 blown coverages in a game where you literally don't cover the person you are supposed to. And those are just the coverages where the guy got thrown the ball.... wonder how many other coverages were lost against SMU.

It seems the issue is usually miscommunication between the LB (underneath) and the safety who is supposed to help over the top. Obviously we get fooled a lot by QBs who draw the safety to the wrong receiver and he can't recover in time but that's not really a blown assignment.

I think 2 over the top is probably what we try but we might give up 6 yards a carry and 10 yard outs all day

f_399

I am fine giving up short passes as long as they don't get into the endzone. Limit big plays that result in TD's.

I am confident we will be able to defend in the redzone and giving up a FG is a win in my book.

4th. down

Hopefully we go to a 4-3 and shoot 2 LB's but we won't. If we don't get all over Mason in the first half, game is over. 2nd. half too late to make major defensive adjustments when your already down 4 TD's. Normally, we win the 2nd. half of games so if we can keep it close, within 7, we have a good shot at them.

Does anyone remember when we've been 2 TD dogs?

Tumbleweed

Most likely Mason will feast on our secondary. He's a very good QB. Quick reads, quick release, accurate, deep ball threat thats for real and talented recvrs with speed. Seasoned OL and well coached.
I'll say it again, OSU will take OU and I want to esp watch the OU cry-baby do his thing.