• The KillerFrogs

Will Clemson be Ranked ahead of us?

Ron Swanson

In all honesty I'm not sure that looked like a top 4 team today or even last week.

I actually agree with you in a normal year, we don’t look that great, but who does look like a top 4 team this season? Bama, Georgia? Penn St maybe?

I think we look as top-4’ish as anyone outside of Bama and maybe those others.

Ohio St looks good now, but they got their arse whipped by OU at home, and OU clearly isn’t a world-beater.

As to the OP, no way in hell Clemson is ahead of us in the new polls. Willing to bet any amount of money.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I actually agree with you in a normal year, we don’t look that great, but who does look like a top 4 team this season? Bama, Georgia? Penn St maybe?

I think we look as top-4’ish as anyone outside of Bama and maybe those others.

Ohio St looks good now, but they got their arse whipped by OU at home, and OU clearly isn’t a world-beater.

As to the OP, no way in hell Clemson is ahead of us in the new polls. Willing to bet any amount of money.

Fair enough...

JogginFrog

You guys are totally missing the narrative. All will become clear next week when Notre Dame, coming off a bye week, beats USC at home. The golden domers are only one point worse than mighty Georgia and clearly deserving of a top-four ranking. In fact, with their schedule, they could probably withstand another loss and still make the playoff. And when the Frogs finish behind a team with no CCG, all conspiracy theories everywhere will have been realized.

And within 6 hours, Pete Fiutak posts about the Irish, "If they finish 11-1 with this slate, they’re in the College Football Playoff no matter what."
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/college-football-playoff-wild-card-notre-dam

Running the table would involve beating USC, NC State, Miami, Navy and Stanford, which is a salty schedule, and beating Miami would ensure a max of three undefeated P5 teams. But there's no suggestion that the Irish could be hampered by the lack of a 13th data point.