• The KillerFrogs

Will Clemson be Ranked ahead of us?

FROG PARENTS 1961

Assuming the hypotheticals are correct, what are the projections?
You joking? this is about 2014 here. When your ranked 3rd, win by 50 and drop to 6th. But maybe I can answer what you really want to know. The Frogs ranked 6th won on the road and will be 4th this week because the pollsters don't want to shuffle the cards unless teams lose. Looking on pure past 2017 performance the Horned Frogs are right behind Bama.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

You guys are totally missing the narrative. All will become clear next week when Notre Dame, coming off a bye week, beats USC at home. The golden domers are only one point worse than mighty Georgia and clearly deserving of a top-four ranking. In fact, with their schedule, they could probably withstand another loss and still make the playoff. And when the Frogs finish behind a team with no CCG, all conspiracy theories everywhere will have been realized.

Purp

Lotsa love for the B1G and SEC. The benefit of a 14 team league where you don't have to play all the good teams in your conference each year.

Not sure there's a more underwhelming P5 conference than the B1G right now and that includes the PAC. SEC is awful, but I agree Bama is good and Georgia hasn't yet lost one of their 2 games they shouldn't lose every year.

But I can already hear the argument now that if an undefeated Georgia and Bama face off in the SEC title game there's no way you can leave the loser out when their lone loss was the the #1 team in the country.

This CFP cycle is setting up to be the most nauseating yet. I don't believe Joel Klatt is not one of these yes men for his network and he genuinely believes what he put here, but that's indicative of the power of style points. It will all settle out nicely if we just keep winning.

Last edited:
Remember the media is full of big school types and while they love inequality in college sports they are the biggest Trump haters and biggest sponsors of wealth redistribution in real life

Haha, just went political. Boom!

Wexahu

Lotsa love for the B1G and SEC. The benefit of a 14 team league where you don't have to play all the good teams in your conference each year.

Not sure there's a more underwhelming P5 conference than the B1G right now and that includes the PAC. SEC is awful, but I agree Bama is good and Georgia hasn't yet lost one of their 2 games they shouldn't lose every year.

But I can already hear the argument now that if an undefeated Georgia and Bama face off in the SEC title game there's no way you can leave the loser out when their lone loss was the the #1 team in the country.

This CFP cycle is setting up to be the most nauseating yet. I don't believe Joel Klatt is not one of these yes men for his network and he genuinely believes what he put here, but that's indicative of the power of style points. It will all settle out nicely if we just keep winning.

The Big 10 East is pretty good, but the Big 10 West is a total embarrassment. Wisconsin basically gets a free pass to 12-0. It’s really simple though at this point, whoever wins the Big 10 CCG is gonna be in, but I don’t think anyone else from the conference can make it. There just aren’t enough chances for good wins That OSU - PSU game is gonna decide it IMO.

It would be total bs if OSU is ranked in the Top 5 right now but in the end in won’t make much difference. Win out and they’re in the playoffs, lose another game and they aren’t.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
In all honesty I'm not sure that looked like a top 4 team today or even last week. But if we don't move up it will just show how Big State you can eke out a win and get moved up disproportionately to a TCU who doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt.

But then again it's just a lot of mental masturbation until the last blue blood beauty pageant in December.