• The KillerFrogs

Why our hate for Baylor can never go soft...

tcumaniac

I've already started to pick up a slight vibe that people have started to go soft on their Baylor hate.

"Rhule appears to be a stand up guy... hard not to root for him."
"All the bad people at Baylor are gone..."
"All their current players weren't around for the Briles era."
"Hard to get fired up and hate a team that's 1-10."

Darn all of that! Don't go soft Frog fans. Baylor still deserves all the hate in the world.

NNM put it so perfectly just a few months ago in response to someone that felt like Baylor wasn't deserving of the continued hate because "most of their roster wasn't around for the Briles era":

"Unfortunately I think you are missing the forest for the trees. What Briles did by bringing in sexual aggressors and setting up a separate system of discipline for them which allowed them to repeatedly assault coeds was reprehensible. Amoral. And he is rightfully being blackballed. Thats good. As is the fact that, as you put it, most of the roster wasn’t there for the Briles tour of depravity. Most of the football bad actors are gone. That’s good.

But Briles and his gang of marauders couldn’t have done what they did without the culture at Baylor. A culture of “see no evil as long as we’re winning,” and “our girls are virginal and, if they’re not, it’s their fault and we’d better ease them out so we don’t have to see them anymore.” That’s the culture that enabled Bliss, Queso the cat, and the Briles sewage. It’s not about football, or the guys on the team. It’s about a dysfunctional, depraved culture.

That culture is still there. It’s most exemplified on Sicem365, but you also see it peek out in things like the recent interim president’s statements (based on his twisted view of Scripture) that interprets the sexual assault victims as “willing victims” who will suffer God’s wrath because of their sexual immorality.

That’s why people continue to take pleasure in Baylor’s losses. That’s why they deserve worse than the football death penalty. It’s the culture, not football. It was most evident in football, and the pride they had in that rapacious culture was despicable, and still is. It’s not about Briles. Or football. It’s about the disgusting culture there, and why they should lose every game from here to eternity."

LVH

Planned on making a similar post, Maniac.

Baylor and their admin let their players rape others and get away with it, and do nothing about it. They enabled rape.

Stories were brought to the mainstream attention.

Baylor fans at first said it was all lies.

Then when the stories were beginning to be verified Baylor fans downplayed it and said it wasn't a big deal and we were making mountains out of molehills.

As the stories continued to get bigger, Baylor fans doubled down and said it was all being blown up out of proportion and that it was all a result of being jealous of their success.

When it appeared that there was no way Briles and the athletic department could defend the behavior anymore Baylor fans white knighted for Briles and said he was a saint. Then Baylor fans and the admin went full victim blaming, saying the victims of rape were partially responsible for their rape.

Briles gets fired and Baylor fans continued to white knight for him with the #CAB.

4 Oaks Frog

I've already started to pick up a slight vibe that people have started to go soft on their Baylor hate.

"Rhule appears to be a stand up guy... hard not to root for him."
"All the bad people at Baylor are gone..."
"All their current players weren't around for the Briles era."
"Hard to get fired up and hate a team that's 1-10."

Darn all of that! Don't go soft Frog fans. Baylor still deserves all the hate in the world.

NNM put it so perfectly just a few months ago in response to someone that felt like Baylor wasn't deserving of the continued hate because "most of their roster wasn't around for the Briles era":

"Unfortunately I think you are missing the forest for the trees. What Briles did by bringing in sexual aggressors and setting up a separate system of discipline for them which allowed them to repeatedly assault coeds was reprehensible. Amoral. And he is rightfully being blackballed. Thats good. As is the fact that, as you put it, most of the roster wasn’t there for the Briles tour of depravity. Most of the football bad actors are gone. That’s good.

But Briles and his gang of marauders couldn’t have done what they did without the culture at Baylor. A culture of “see no evil as long as we’re winning,” and “our girls are virginal and, if they’re not, it’s their fault and we’d better ease them out so we don’t have to see them anymore.” That’s the culture that enabled Bliss, Queso the cat, and the Briles sewage. It’s not about football, or the guys on the team. It’s about a dysfunctional, depraved culture.

That culture is still there. It’s most exemplified on Sicem365, but you also see it peek out in things like the recent interim president’s statements (based on his twisted view of Scripture) that interprets the sexual assault victims as “willing victims” who will suffer God’s wrath because of their sexual immorality.

That’s why people continue to take pleasure in Baylor’s losses. That’s why they deserve worse than the football death penalty. It’s the culture, not football. It was most evident in football, and the pride they had in that rapacious culture was despicable, and still is. It’s not about Briles. Or football. It’s about the disgusting culture there, and why they should lose every game from here to eternity."

This X 1,000!!

Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

TK2000

Baylor fans called it a “witch hunt”, I call it arresting and firing people because women were raped.

#Beat Baylor Badly

Mean Purple

well, gp says our first and second qbs might not play. so that should make people stop thinking about not getting up for a 1-10 team. This could be a close game.

Frogcrates

My feelings for Baylor have moved well beyond hate to simply not even giving one [ darn ] that they exist. They’re irrelevant.
I suppose if you regard them merely as an entry in a football schedule, then sure. But as a program, a culture and a university? Hell no! I’d very much prefer that nobody ever forget the despicable things they did, allowed, covered up. Trust me, they would love for people to just forget it, move on, and check back in on them in five or ten years when the horror and the culpability of their crimes has been blurred by time. I’d feel fine about my great grandson going out of his way to spit on their bones decades from now.

In short scheiss’em, but never forget.

Last edited:

Armadillo

I'm fairly certain that one day in the near future, when Maniac has children, those ManiacChildren will be yelling RAPE at Baylor fans in restaurants across the metroplex!

CountryFrog

well, gp says our first and second qbs might not play. so that should make people stop thinking about not getting up for a 1-10 team. This could be a close game.
Are you just going into every single thread making doom and gloom references about injuries as if you're the only person who knows that we have a few guys hurt?

Are you also going into every thread on the Baylor board and reminding them of their massive injury list and how their starters were pretty bad to begin with?