Why does TCU discourage basketball attendance?

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by geno, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Just got the email from TCU encouraging attendance at the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and festivities. Guess when? At 7:00 PM tonight on the Commons. And doesn't TCU/Lamar basketball game start at exactly the same time? Who plans the timing of these things?

2. [​IMG]

3. way to support your student athletes.

unreal.

4. I laughed

5. Extremely underrated movie.....

Is it bad that I watched all 4 of them?

6. That's pretty pathetic. Why couldn't they light it tomorrow night?

7. All universities have many activities scheduled at various times. Often, there may be conflicting events. So what?

8. If everyone walked over to the game after the tree lighting we'd have a record crowd :wacko:

9. The University can't schedule all events around sports. I'm sure the University has the temerity to schedule classes that conflict with weekday sporting events as well.

And seriously, how many students besides you, are avid fans of both tree lightings AND basketball? The basketball fans can go to the game. The arboreal illuminationists fans can do whatever it is they enjoy doing.

10. I was discouraged by the 20 price for tickets. gf and i decided its not worth 40 bucks to watch the game. 10 bucks and im there

11. I saw on Facebook that the Varsity is offering free tix w/ a purchase, all you have to do is ask for them. Go pick up some purple, watch a tree get lit, and head to the DMC. Problem solved!

12. The tree lighting has been on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving for years. That's just when they do it. It's a tradition. I remember attending them when I was at TCU 20 years ago.

13. The tree lighting ceremony will be more exciting and be more of a positive experience for the university than the TCU-Lamar basketball game. If Billy Tubbs was coaching either team, the basketball game would have been more exciting.

14. You mean Geno would have to pay for overpriced merchandise to get overpriced tickets????:eek:hmy:

15. "Avid fans of tree lightings" sounds funny to me. I picture rabid fans in ugly Christmas sweaters traveling the country to see different lightings, and going nuts as soon as they plug the lights in.

16. Wait wait wait.

TCU charges 20 bucks/person for a basketball game?

17. One of the greatest scams in sports history. You can watch the football team for a similar amount.

18. You can't be serious. I can get Illinois tickets for 15/person, and we're a top 25 basketball school.

19. I know what your point is, OP, but they send out athletic department emails talking about it and the football game.

20. It's a ridiculous embarrassment. Other teams with similar performance have tickets for under $5, maybe 7/8$.