• The KillerFrogs

Why Does Patterson Seem So Down?

Pharm Frog

Hard enough to interpret his words (especially the metaphors). Only those with highly refined specialized skills should be trying to interpret his moods.

Limp Lizard

Maybe he was irritated by the people making so much noise in the background.
Yeah. That was one noisy interview room! I assume the other voices were players and other coaches being interviewed.

As far as the string's topic, he just looks relieved and tired to me. I'm sure he was really worried all week about all that can go wrong when you play in Manhattan. The rain helped dampen the crowd's enthusiasm. Pun intended.

Rabidfrog

1. I don’t really agree with the premise.

2. Have you ever listened to a Coach P after a game that wasn’t 1 of the 3-4 fiery postgames from pre-2010?

3. Do you realize that post-game presser was like 5 hours after it was supposed to be and the team and staff were ready to go execute a game plan at 11 am, but the delay pushed the start back several hours and stopped and restarted mid-game due to weather? That’s draining.

4. Dude has humility in victory over his own alma mater. Give him a break.

yes, worn out.

MinFrog

Also, he now has to convince the team they aren’t very good each week to keep the fire in their belly lit.

He knows kansas has the chance to bite our ass, the last thing he wants is for the team to let the guard down one bit.

netty2424

Also, he now has to convince the team they aren’t very good each week to keep the fire in their belly lit.

He knows kansas has the chance to bite our ass, the last thing he wants is for the team to let the guard down one bit.
Kansas always plays us tough. I'd imagine that'll happen again given Meacham over there. Will be interesting to see the game plan and if there will be some new wrinkles opened up in the offense.

Purp

Kansas always plays us tough. I'd imagine that'll happen again given Meacham over there. Will be interesting to see the game plan and if there will be some new wrinkles opened up in the offense.
Don't forget CGP knows Meach very well also. It's not like this will be a one-sided match-up where only Meach has an advantage. I have a feeling CGP has had this one circled for quite a while too. Even if Meach wasn't there he wants to beat Kansas once without drama. With Meach there, Kansas will get his best effort.

netty2424

Don't forget CGP knows Meach very well also. It's not like this will be a one-sided match-up where only Meach has an advantage. I have a feeling CGP has had this one circled for quite a while too. Even if Meach wasn't there he wants to beat Kansas once without drama. With Meach there, Kansas will get his best effort.
Great point. Hopefully GP smacks him around a little bit and reminds him why he's at Kansas.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
You hardly ever get to see Patterson's full comments pre or post game because unlike the group that posted this video most of the media follow the rules when posting Patterson's press conferences. But with that being said, this isn't out of the ordinary after an extremely long day, and if it's around find a few clips from the 2013 Texas post-game comments for comparison.

Bob

Game plan should be simple. Get the best running back in the conference off the bench and run the ball down their throats.

helcap

I think Patterson was down because prior to the interview he had a chance to review the Game day thread here and had not realized up to that point how bad the coaching was.

BleedNPurple

Good lord - he had to work the equivalent of two football games. He's pooped. He was very enthusiastic for a 15 minute interview. I'd be ready for a nap! I think this interview is downright professional and it shows what a gracious pro he is that he would give these guys as much time as he did and the depth of info he gave. I'm impressed!

W

Way of the Frog

I take the pessimistic point of view... Rather be proven right or pleasantly surprised. I'll be the first to admit it, but I take a hard look at the frogs, because like others, I want TCU to get that national title!

Understood, it was long day. And it was his alma mater. Just thought someone might agree, Patterson seemed a little more morose or wistful in this one, than in other post game press conferences.

Just curious how your analysis of Gary's attitude, personality, bio-rhythms, etc will aide the Frogs in playing for and possibly winning a national title?