• The KillerFrogs

Why Does Patterson Seem So Down?

TCUdirtbag

1. I don’t really agree with the premise.

2. Have you ever listened to a Coach P after a game that wasn’t 1 of the 3-4 fiery postgames from pre-2010?

3. Do you realize that post-game presser was like 5 hours after it was supposed to be and the team and staff were ready to go execute a game plan at 11 am, but the delay pushed the start back several hours and stopped and restarted mid-game due to weather? That’s draining.

4. Dude has humility in victory over his own alma mater. Give him a break.

Horny4TCU

I listen to every postgame, and try to find these after every game. This one didn't seem as "angry" as usual. He typically has a little fire towards at least a few questions. This one, not so much... just seemed to be lamenting.

Seemed pretty typical after a win. If anything, maybe he seemed more satisfied than usual when if I listen to him point out all the things that went wrong, I would have thought we lost.

Boomhauer

1. I don’t really agree with the premise.

2. Have you ever listened to a Coach P after a game that wasn’t 1 of the 3-4 fiery postgames from pre-2010?

3. Do you realize that post-game presser was like 5 hours after it was supposed to be and the team and staff were ready to go execute a game plan at 11 am, but the delay pushed the start back several hours and stopped and restarted mid-game due to weather? That’s draining.

4. Dude has humility in victory over his own alma mater. Give him a break.

Agree with this. I think he hates playing this game and I don't blame him. Who wants to beat up on their alma mater? Especially on the road.

Horny4TCU

Don’t be sorry, the response was about you - not an athlete. bahaha

I take the pessimistic point of view... Rather be proven right or pleasantly surprised. I'll be the first to admit it, but I take a hard look at the frogs, because like others, I want TCU to get that national title!

Understood, it was long day. And it was his alma mater. Just thought someone might agree, Patterson seemed a little more morose or wistful in this one, than in other post game press conferences.