• The KillerFrogs

Why did TCU stick the visitor's section in the worst part of the stadium?

SAFrog

Attended 2007 game at DKR. We were in the NE corner upper deck and the top row. Felt like we were on I35 because we were so far from the field. They were the worst seats I have ever had at a football game and for hookemhorns to complain is absurd.

Hemingway

hookemhorns said:
It's near A&M level for visitors. You're supposed to respect the visitor's fans enough to not put them in the WORST part of the stadium. You give them okay seats. But that's it. 
You should see where they stuck the TCU fans without priority points???

nytexan70

Sorry I have been to many out of town Football games. It seems the opposing school always stick the visiting teams in a obscure place in the stadium. In one situation we ha seats we paid $75 for and the next section they sold to locals for $10 which were endzone tickets. So don't complain, because this is what happens in many stadiums. We went to a game at UNLV and had terrible seats, but they had such a bad season that no one locally was at the game. Once they started the game all the TCU fans moved into the middle of the stadium into the empty seats.

HToady

SAFrog said:
Attended 2007 game at DKR. We were in the NE corner upper deck and the top row. Felt like we were on I35 because we were so far from the field. They were the worst seats I have ever had at a football game and for hookemhorns to complain is absurd.
I think they calculated which section was the last to be in the shade in the entire stadium when they gave them to us.

And the ones we didn't buy were offered up to their T shirt fans. I think at Kmart.

Along with the trash, puke, smell, crickets, people...worst game day experience in college football.

Double D

Tier 1
Obviously this guy doesn't attend many away games or he would know all visitor sections suck. Move along. This is old news for true college football fans.

talor

I expect your stadium to be 70+% puke orange in 2014 when we visit and the scoreboard to show TCU winning by more than 7.  Oh and when I visited last year I sat on the 40 yard line because your fans didn't show up.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
This thread is proof that Hookemhorns is an idiot.  TCU does exactly the same as every other Big 12 school.

jscheff83

hookemhorns said:
It's near A&M level for visitors. You're supposed to respect the visitor's fans enough to not put them in the WORST part of the stadium. You give them okay seats. But that's it. 

It's not "near" A&M-level, it's exactly the same as A&M's visitor allotment (worst lower level section & top of the end zone). With that said, how many Big 12 stadiums have you been to where visitors have good seats? Baylor maybe...because it's rarely full.

jscheff83

That is really surprising. Perhaps most of their fans are confident they can get better seats in the secondary market. In the Big 12, Texas is normally one of the most reliable teams at taking full visiting allotment.

Deep Purple

XIIFrog said:
I actually hate that we gave the visitors the set up we did. If the horseshoe was full of purple instead of the visiting sections, that endzone would be the loudest part of the stadium for us.

What horseshoe?  At ACS, the seating surrounds the entire playing field.

amon-g-carter-stadium-seating-chart-ncaa-football.png

Deep Purple said:

amon-g-carter-stadium-seating-chart-ncaa-football.png

another thread turned into an arguement between Deep and another poster... yawn

you know what's funny?  the grandfather of the term "horseshoe", Ohio State's "Ohio Stadium", even has seating all the way around... even WAY back in the day!!!  see those tiny little people in the bleachers in the endzone! that is seating all the way around!!!

quit acting like a know it all, man... when he said horseshoe, everyone ON THIS BOARD knew exactly what he was talking about

05_0004130.jpg

college-ohio-state-buckeyes-framed-picture-AU11F.jpg

itsalizard

I was in that section as well. The walk up the ramps was ridiculous. Easily th eworst stadium experience for me and I have been to a lot.

XIIFrog

Deep Purple said:

We're no Ohio State, so maybe "horseshoe" wasn't the best word, just didn't know how else to describe it. All I'm saying is that I would prefer this setup, as I think a double decked enzone full of purple on the north side would create more noise in the stadium, while separating the visitors as much as possible would reduce their ability to make noise:

_34c3f87af33b3c80f24722d5ee82235d6955a574976.png