• The KillerFrogs

Who was the whistle blowing recruit?

maximilian

I was hearing something about the recruit ending up at Baylor? That would make it Shock Linwood, if true.

He was a verbal to us for 4 months.

geno

Lots of positives here. The program is now on alert for this, the TCU administration did the right, open thing. No TCU cover-ups, like at Penn State and Miami. BUT, it's hard to figure out why the coaching staff, at least, wasn't aware of "possible" drug use by the players. We have tutors constantly working with them, a discipline officer on the staff, regular workouts, etc. How could it be that the staff was unaware of what was going on? Did they trust the players too much? The last minute turn-down by Pope, or whoever it was, couldn't have been the first indication of possible trouble.

Rodeopope

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]Be very careful who you point the finger at here! Unless, you have first hand knowledge do NOT put people's names out there on message boards. [/font][font="'Comic Sans MS"]First of all, TCU was not E's ideal situation. It was his first visit his junior year, the VERY NEXT week he called the coaches and told them he thought he made a mistake & wanted to look around. Truth be known he made more unofficial visits to LSU than any other school, one in the spring of his junior year, two more his senior year. Like his brother, Jason Teague, LSU & the SEC is where is heart was during the recruiting process. Jason first signed with LSU, before attending TJC & TCU & this is where Edward wanted to attend as well. When things didn't pan out with LSU, and A&M showed interest, after his official visit A&M seemed like the perfect fit & he would get to play in the SEC!!! [/font][font="'Comic Sans MS"]IF YOU DON'T KNOW, ONLY HEARD RUMORS OR ARE ASSUMING, IT HAS TO BE BECAUSE....[/font][font="'Comic Sans MS"]DONT POST!!![/font]

talor

Be very careful who you point the finger at here! Unless, you have first hand knowledge do NOT put people's names out there on message boards. First of all, TCU was not E's ideal situation. It was his first visit his junior year, the VERY NEXT week he called the coaches and told them he thought he made a mistake & wanted to look around. Truth be known he made more unofficial visits to LSU than any other school, one in the spring of his junior year, two more his senior year. Like his brother, Jason Teague, LSU & the SEC is where is heart was during the recruiting process. Jason first signed with LSU, before attending TJC & TCU & this is where Edward wanted to attend as well. When things didn't pan out with LSU, and A&M showed interest, after his official visit A&M seemed like the perfect fit & he would get to play in the SEC!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW, ONLY HEARD RUMORS OR ARE ASSUMING, IT HAS TO BE BECAUSE....DONT POST!!!

Thanks. I appreciate this post.

cctcu

Be very careful who you point the finger at here! Unless, you have first hand knowledge do NOT put people's names out there on message boards. First of all, TCU was not E's ideal situation. It was his first visit his junior year, the VERY NEXT week he called the coaches and told them he thought he made a mistake & wanted to look around. Truth be known he made more unofficial visits to LSU than any other school, one in the spring of his junior year, two more his senior year. Like his brother, Jason Teague, LSU & the SEC is where is heart was during the recruiting process. Jason first signed with LSU, before attending TJC & TCU & this is where Edward wanted to attend as well. When things didn't pan out with LSU, and A&M showed interest, after his official visit A&M seemed like the perfect fit & he would get to play in the SEC!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW, ONLY HEARD RUMORS OR ARE ASSUMING, IT HAS TO BE BECAUSE....DONT POST!!!

I believe we've heard, posted and in the papers, that Patterson called for a team drug test because a certain highly recruited, long time commitment, told him (Patterson) that he (recruit) couldn't come to TCU because of his perceived drug use among current TCU players. It's well known that Daje has had a fixation with UT. All our other highly recruited players commited to us. The only ones who didn't were Pope and Linwood. Linwood was not considered a great loss. Make your assumption. I know quite a few preachers who could make this assumption in a hearbeat. No brainer.

michaelperrytcu

I believe we've heard, posted and in the papers, that Patterson called for a team drug test because a certain highly recruited, long time commitment, told him (Patterson) that he (recruit) couldn't come to TCU because of his perceived drug use among current TCU players. It's well known that Daje has had a fixation with UT. All our other highly recruited players commited to us. The only ones who didn't were Pope and Linwood. Linwood was not considered a great loss. Make your assumption. I know quite a few preachers who could make this assumption in a hearbeat. No brainer.
That's some serious nancy drew deducing there, genius. No brainer? Because what was posted on a message board and in the papers could never be wrong? There are many, many recruits that we offered that didn't sign with TCU. It doesn't matter what was printed, it could have been any one of them, and you sound like a complete idiot calling something that you, in reality, know absolutely nothing about, nor have any first hand knowledge of, a "no brainer".

FROGDADDY

It was not a committ. I know who it was and haven't seen him mentioned on here.

What I've suspected all along. A quote made by a visitor on the last weekend of recruiting popped into my head the second this all happened. A visitor who seemed VERY interested on Friday, and very NOT INTERESTED a few days later. Am I warm?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
i wonder which one said that they didn't want to come to tcu because of the drugs...glad someone said something...kid was right to speak up

Does it really matter? Perception is reality and to this kid, drugs were rampant on the football team.

I don't care to know but I am glad that he told the coaches about it.

VA Froggie

yea, because GP had no earthly clue that his players may be smoking a little weed....

give me a break
If you have spent any time at all around Gary Patterson you would realize he would not put up with drug use on his team period. That man would be on it and deal with it very fast.