• The KillerFrogs

Who are we for, Penn St or Ohio St?

FBallFan123

Penn State, definitely. Giving Ohio State a second loss would clear them out from the playoff discussion, whereas Penn State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin all with 1-loss makes things murkier.

That Big Ten murkiness may not be a good thing.

The committee already has the precedent of putting in P5 team that didn't win their conference championship.

Penn State and Wisconsin could finish their regular seasons undefeated.

If that happens, and the Big Ten has two undefeated teams meet in the championship game, it would set up the same scenario people fear with SEC between Alabama and Georgia.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This. We really need ND to lose, either to NC St or Stanford. ESPN and it's Committee are already drooling at the prospect of one-loss ND. Miami looks beatable and liable to lose (possibly twice). Georgia "Georgia-ing" against Florida, Ga Tech, or Auburn would be nice, too.

#BeatISU

Surely you jest, ND is barred due to the TCU Rule. No 13th data point/not conference championship game...

Frog-in-law1995

That Big Ten murkiness may not be a good thing.

The committee already has the precedent of putting in P5 team that didn't win their conference championship.

Penn State and Wisconsin could finish their regular seasons undefeated.

If that happens, and the Big Ten has two undefeated teams meet in the championship game, it would set up the same scenario people fear with SEC between Alabama and Georgia.

This is the likliest scenario, imo, for two Big 10 teams. Undefeated Wisconsin barely beats undefeated Penn State.

I just don't buy the idea of 1-loss non SEC Champion Georgia getting in compared to other 1-loss conference champions and / or Notre Dame. I think they'll view that as a playoff quarterfinal.

Notre Dame definitely needs another L. In that scenario: Alabama, ACC, Big 10, 1-loss TCU.
For once, I agree with you.:) If UGA loses to Bama, they would be at best the 4 seed with Bama at the 1 seed. That means they'd meet again in the first round.

I think the committee would say they just saw that, why should they give UGA a second chance?

Surely you jest, ND is barred due to the TCU Rule. No 13th data point/not conference championship game...

It isn't a rule there are no rules. Their Strength of Schedule would trump the 13'th data point I can hear it now. We can all get pissed, but we played Jackson State and SMU Notre Dame didn't. The rules move just like who needs to get in moves. I really hope I am wrong and an earlier poster got it right so many upsets occur these things usually work themselves out and we all get pissed and argue for no reason. We just need to win them all and I think our conference and Texas OU will throw their weight around and we will smash into the playoff I have to hope or I would be hopeless.

Can someone estimate how much free advertising, marketing, PR, etc. TCU gets for being one of the 4 who is in right now and keeps getting our name flashed on the screen all the time? It has to be in the multi millions of dollars.

[ darn ] Pedo St. Only university I have hatred for close to that of Waco Institute of Rape and Dorkery.

That said... given that Wisky will hike up her dress and prepare her anus for the East champion in the B1G title game again, I think we have to consider what scenario would give the Fraud Committee an excuse to let in two B1G teams. I think that, if tOSU beats the Pedos in a close game and finishes 12-1, then they are in and there's an excuse for Pedo at 11-1. If the Pedophiles win, then tOSU has two losses and is done. As fraudulent as this Committee is, even they can't put in a two-loss team over one-loss champs*. So I will grudgingly hold my nose and hope for a Pedo victory.

*I think. But given the fraud level on the Committee, anything's possible.

I think if Ohio State wins, and beats up untilhen beats up till then undefeated Wisky in the CCG, the committee will make a one time exception to 6 teams and but in Bama, UGA, tOSU, Pedo St, and Wisky and ND.

3 BIG + 2 SEC + Heritage Name Brand and the extra games should make the suits a Disney happy.

Why not? They make up the rest of the rules as they go along.

I was talking to a Penn State Fan and he said, "my girlfriend broke up with me today. I said, "what happened?" He said, "she came home and said that she heard I was a pedophile." I said, "that is awful dude." He said to me with a straight face, "Dam pedophile is a big word for an eight year old girl where did she learn that word?"

finafrog

Does nobody remember upsets are what define college football in November? Every single year. By the time December rolls around, there will only be 3 teams with 1 loss or less. Maybe 4. Definitely not 5-8.
In 2014, there were 6 teams with one or fewer losses (probably more from non p5 conferences). We were #6 on the day of selection.

Austintxfrog94

Doesn’t matter though I’d prefer Ohio State not be in the conversation after last year’s shutout and that horrible performance against OU at home. SEC and B1G Champs (or OSU) are automatically in and the 3 other conferences and Notre Dame will be vying for the other 2 spots. They might as well right that into the CFP rules. No one will convince me of anything different.

finafrog

There was no controversy in 2012. There very little controversy in 2016. 2014 there was, but mathematically there HAD to be controversy. 6 teams for 4 spots will lead to controversy, obviously.
you must surely jest about no contraversy in 2012 and 2016. pretty much every fan outside the sec hated that in 2012. patterson keeps referring to 2016 as an example of inconsistency and hypocrisy.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It isn't a rule there are no rules. Their Strength of Schedule would trump the 13'th data point I can hear it now. We can all get pissed, but we played Jackson State and SMU Notre Dame didn't. The rules move just like who needs to get in moves. I really hope I am wrong and an earlier poster got it right so many upsets occur these things usually work themselves out and we all get pissed and argue for no reason. We just need to win them all and I think our conference and Texas OU will throw their weight around and we will smash into the playoff I have to hope or I would be hopeless.

Can someone estimate how much free advertising, marketing, PR, etc. TCU gets for being one of the 4 who is in right now and keeps getting our name flashed on the screen all the time? It has to be in the multi millions of dollars.

Helloooo, sarcasm...

crash813

I'm pulling for OSU. I'd rather be judged with a team that has a common opponent. Early or Late, you lost, we won. PSU/Wisc, who knows how they will judge them against us.

Zubaz

you must surely jest about no contraversy in 2012 and 2016. pretty much every fan outside the sec hated that in 2012. patterson keeps referring to 2016 as an example of inconsistency and hypocrisy.
2012 was undefeated Notre Dame vs 1-loss SEC Champ Alabama. I don't remember a ton of controversy there. Are you thinking of 2011?

2016 they put a 1 loss team ahead of the two loss teams. That's not controversial.

Frog-in-law1995

There were only 4 teams with one loss or fewer, and they each were selected. Yes, it was weird that a champ was left out for a team ranked below it in conference, but the 4 best records got in.

finafrog

2012 was undefeated Notre Dame vs 1-loss SEC Champ Alabama. I don't remember a ton of controversy there. Are you thinking of 2011?

agree. i was referring to the 2012 championship game.

2016 they put a 1 loss team ahead of the two loss teams.

the two loss team beat them head to head and won their conference. plenty of contraversy. i watched most major networks the night before the selection and there was deep disagreement, i.e., contraversy.

That's not controversial.

finafrog

There were only 4 teams with one loss or fewer, and they each were selected. Yes, it was weird that a champ was left out for a team ranked below it in conference, but the 4 best records got in.
I'm not arguing if it was the right selection, it could have gone either way. however, there was disagreement and contraversy among fans and analysts.