• The KillerFrogs

Who are we for, Penn St or Ohio St?

Zubaz

"they" did now view bama as eliminated back in 2012, why would they necessarily view a one-loss georgia (or a one-loss big 10 runner up) as eliminated? heck, osu were somehow not eliminated last year.

if there are enough 1-loss teams, and no or few undefeted, anything can happen.
I assume you mean 2011 season rather than 2012? In that year, Bama didn't lose the SEC Title game, they lost the first week of November and had 3 more games to climb back up to the #2 slot despite not being in the title game (similar to Penn State last year). I can only find 1 instance where a title game loser still played for the NC, that was Oklahoma in 2003. Granted it's a bit more possible now that they have to be Top 4 rather than Top 2, but it would take a lot of things to line up for it to happen. Late losses really hurt.

FBallFan123

I do think it's perhaps imperative that TCU's loss comes against OU and that OU is then the opponent in the CCG. Since that game is on the road, it would almost be like TCU erasing that loss.

OU would be a big win that TCU would likely need on the resume.

TCU would probably better off.......and I'm not going to finish that sentence.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

makes no difference, in fact, it'd be easier under a corrupt committee for that to happen than under a system with less collusion with voters, comps, etc. and it still happened. just a matter of time to happen again.

Of course it makes a difference. Bama and LSU were chosen by a mathematical formula, not a vote. So I say again, what year’s playoff selection indicates the committee will select two teams from the same conference?

Planks

I do think it's perhaps imperative that TCU's loss comes against OU and that OU is then the opponent in the CCG. Since that game is on the road, it would almost be like TCU erasing that loss.

This would definitely be the most desirable 12-1 scenario for TCU.

My fear is TCU goes 12-0, loses in the CCG. 12 wins but no conference title or playoff spot to show for it, it would be so heartbreaking.

finafrog

Of course it makes a difference. Bama and LSU were chosen by a mathematical formula, not a vote.
with voters, including coaches and other biased humans. the formula did not vote.

same coaches that voted us out of the sugar bowl in our last mw season.

further, if it can happen under a formula, it's more likely, not less, to happen purely with a few voters (committee).

jake102

I know we are putting the cart WAY before the horse, but in regards to making the Big 12 CCG, the most realistic scenario for us to NOT make it is to lose a random game and then lose to OU and then OU to lose to Oky State. Basically any other scenario and TCU makes CCG based on record and tiebreaker.

jake102

My fear is TCU goes 12-0, loses in the CCG. 12 wins but no conference title or playoff spot to show for it, it would be so heartbreaking.

Yes, that would be absolutely brutal and should require the immediate resignation of every person that pushed a non-contingent CCG.

Also, I would hope the Big 12 team opposite us falls on the sword like in other conferences.

Frog-in-law1995

with voters, including coaches and other biased humans. the formula did not vote.

same coaches that voted us out of the sugar bowl in our last mw season.

further, if it can happen under a formula, it's more likely, not less, to happen purely with a few voters (committee).

Show me the committee vote that indicates what you’re saying is true.

InstaFrog

(I can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet) At first thought I would say Ohio State to give PSU a loss. However, we all know the Big 10 will get one team in. I say maybe we should want Penn State to win to give the political darlings two losses and no chance to get in. Penn St will probably run the table after the Ohio State game. And, if Ohio St wins, PSU won't drop much and the political darlings might pass us and both will be ahead of us.

What say y'all?
Just Win Baby and eliminate the drama
tumblr_o18rkrn3XO1rp84c6o1_400.gif

finafrog

Show me the committee vote that indicates what you’re saying is true.

circular logic. if the committee had already voted to include two teams from the same conference, we would not be arguing the plausibility of the event, as it already would have happened.

the fact that it has not happened yet does not mean it cannot or will not happen in the future. it did happen under an old system with 2/3 human element, and can happen again, especially with four teams.

we can argue the likelihood of that, but not its impossibility. to prevent that from happening, I'll root for penn state vs osu (and also for Georgia to lose along the way before a potential sec title game).

Last edited:

LisaLT

I hope Penn State crushes tOSU. Ohio State is shown extreme favoritism by the media and the selection committee over the past few years. Two losses would effectively eliminate them from contention IMO.