• The KillerFrogs

Who’s Next? AD Search Thread.

Moose Stuff

I believe whoever we choose needs to have (or quickly develop) close relationships with Russian oligarchs. I have no idea about many of these names that are being thrown around (at least the non-joke ones) but I figure the applicant pool will be strong and include some names that none or few of us are familiar with but have the cultural fit and talent chops to accelerate the vision.

So Vlad Brodziansky for AD?

Raw Frog

Whoever it turns out to be, I would think the hardest part of the job is to have to exert authority over and hold Gary responsible for his work. Not exactly the easiest task, or most pleasant I would guess...

Moose Stuff

Whoever it turns out to be, I would think the hardest part of the job is to have to exert authority over and hold Gary responsible for his work. Not exactly the easiest task, or most pleasant I would guess...

In what ways would Gary need to be held responsible for his work? That’s not something I’m sure CDC ever had to do.

dkfrog

Saying that the next AD just needs to steer the ship is shortsighted IMO. CDC was given some lofty goals and was expected to accomplish the them. I say we need to have equally as lofty goals set out for the next AD and the expectation that the goals will be accomplished.

Jeff Long? Even if TCU could discount his role in the 2014 CFB debacle--which I don't think we should do--at minimum, we can probably attract an AD who hasn't been fired for poor performance in the last 12 months.

Raw Frog

In what ways would Gary need to be held responsible for his work? That’s not something I’m sure CDC ever had to do.

Everybody has to account to someone. Gary answers to the AD. CDC has to approve every single cent that Gary asks the athletic department to spend. The AD are the ones that hire and fire the coaches. Nobody in the media likes to ask Gary hard questions about his game planning or decisions, but it falls on the AD that he is the guy that has to if there is a need to...
My only point was that whoever the AD is, cannot be successful without the ability to be able to have the coaches maintain their accountability.

tetonfrog

Next AD should start with these goals:

1) Finish fundraising on ACS expansion.
2) Keep strong coaches on staff
3) Continue to build ties to local nonTCUgrad fans and get them to events
4) Make sure TCU gets accepted into Power 4 Conference in 2025

froggrad08

Honestly, I hope CDC left some good names internally and externally he recommends. However, Boschini and BOR will knock it out of the park. They are great group at hiring.

Latest posts