• The KillerFrogs

When Do Parking Lots Close

NewFrogFan

In the recent past, last season on kickoffs before 1800, we had 3 hours after TCU game ended to clear lots. Kickoffs after 1800 were subject to an obviously shorter time after TCU game ended. It appears that policy has changed this year, documentation included in the ticket package now says we get 3 hours ONLY on game that kickoff BEFORE 1430. That means for a 1430 kickoff for TCU, there will be little to no time to watch any prime time games this year. Is this a printing mistake or policy change????

Bob Sugar

Wat8.jpg

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit
This is correct, and I believe the same times were in place last year as well. This is just one of the reasons we decide to look for a new tailgating spot outside of the TCU lots.

WhatTheFrog

This is correct, and I believe the same times were in place last year as well. This is just one of the reasons we decide to look for a new tailgating spot outside of the TCU lots.

Yep, same rules last year. I complained about it then and I'm still not happy with it now, but there's nothing that can be done about it, except find an alternate tailgating location not within one of the TCU lots as ShinerFrog mentioned. Please share if you find anything.

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit
Yep, same rules last year. I complained about it then and I'm still not happy with it now, but there's nothing that can be done about it, except find an alternate tailgating location not within one of the TCU lots as ShinerFrog mentioned. Please share if you find anything.

This season we have moved down the road to Trinity Episcopal Church. Secured season parking there for our group. They are much more flexible on the hours (for season parking, game day parking they have more restricted hours)
We are all looking forward to this year, we think this will turn out to be a awesome location.

HToady

This season we have moved down the road to Trinity Episcopal Church. Secured season parking there for our group. They are much more flexible on the hours (for season parking, game day parking they have more restricted hours)
We are all looking forward to this year, we think this will turn out to be a awesome location.
When people start showing up for church...it's probably time to leave...

Wexahu

Kinda funny that a church is much more willing to let you sit out there and get really nice and drunk again after the game before heading home.

NewFrogFan

No this was not the case, I personally spoke to Del Conte on the isse several times and he actually took the time to call me when he got the policy changed after the 2009 law suit was settled when TCU played Utah. (Took over 5 years to settle)There was a fight and TCU got sued so they waited until it was finished. The policy was changed to reflect that paid lots had 3 hours after TCU game finished when they kicked off at 1800 or earlier. The late kickoffs stayed what they always have been. I spoke with him again when I noticed the 1430 time change in the ticket packet this year and he immediately called me and said he was looking in to the issue. If they keep the policy what is printed this year, you will not be able to watch a primetime game if TCU kicks off at 1430 or later.

Last edited:

f_399

What is this about?

If a TCU game starts at 2:30 PM or later, you will not be able to hangout in the parking lot to watch primetime games around 6-7pm that will last until about 10PM-11PM?

f_399

I got burnt out after the college gameday Utah game.

We were in lot 3 around 6am, went to cgd, watched the game at night, then stayed in the lot after the game.

Now, I would rather tailgate hours before and leave shortly after the game ends.

NewFrogFan

I got burnt out after the college gameday Utah game.

We were in lot 3 around 6am, went to cgd, watched the game at night, then stayed in the lot after the game.

Now, I would rather tailgate hours before and leave shortly after the game ends.

We have had 5 parking spots with 4/5 canopies and 2 50" TV's for several years. There are good prime time games almost every week, I like to watch good college football far more than NFL...........having to tear down during the 1st quarter of LSU vs Florida etc etc is not my idea of fun. I spend close to 8K per year to a school I never attended 1 day in my life. I retire next year, perhaps it's time to start planning for something different on Sat evenings. Based on the number of people I have never met watching our TV's after games I think there are others than think the same.

WhatTheFrog

No this was not the case, I personally spoke to Del Conte on the isse several times and he actually took the time to call me when he got the policy changed after the 2009 law suit was settled when TCU played Utah. (Took over 5 years to settle)There was a fight and TCU got sued so they waited until it was finished. The policy was changed to reflect that paid lots had 3 hours after TCU game finished when they kicked off at 1800 or earlier. The late kickoffs stayed what they always have been. I spoke with him again when I noticed the 1430 time change in the ticket packet this year and he immediately called me and said he was looking in to the issue. If they keep the policy what is printed this year, you will not be able to watch a primetime game if TCU kicks off at 1430 or later.

The first time the new rules were imposed on us last year, I told the officer that I was under the impression that games that began 6pm or earler were allowed 3 hours after and he told me no, that we had to have the lot cleared within 90 minutes of the end of game. I went home and looked up the tailgating policies online and the time had been moved to 2pm or 4pm (I don't recall). We don't even get 90 minutes after Saturday's game because it's 90 minutes after the game or 11pm (whichever is earlier).

NewFrogFan

The first time the new rules were imposed on us last year, I told the officer that I was under the impression that games that began 6pm or earler were allowed 3 hours after and he told me no, that we had to have the lot cleared within 90 minutes of the end of game. I went home and looked up the tailgating policies online and the time had been moved to 2pm or 4pm (I don't recall). We don't even get 90 minutes after Saturday's game because it's 90 minutes after the game or 11pm (whichever is earlier).

You may be right, we might have gotten only 1 year of the 1800 rule. I can deal with leaving shortly after a game that kicks off 1800 or later ends. However, the year I spoke extensively with CD about this, TCU had like 3 1100 games and we had to leave at 90 minutes after the game. When LSU Georgia on a gorgeous day in FW was going on after a TCU 1100 game, the police ran us off before halftime. I emailed CD and he call right away, like he always has. He told me the issue and his plan, the next season which might have been 2015, we got the 1800 rule. If in fact they cleverly changed the rules again, then shame on them. I told him you dont get the "value" of the parking spot when you have to pack up and leave and it isn't even dark yet. People will vote with their feet, and especially if the team loses. At my alma mater they measure tailgating hours in days, not hours.