• The KillerFrogs

What's Sonny Dykes Up To?

TX_Krötenechse

He can't coach the players but I believe he can talk to the coaches from the booth during games. He can also work with coaches in strategy and planning and so forth.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
1B coach is second best. Have to wear the uniform, dodge errant pick off attempts and line drive foul balls, no air conditioning for summer and no heater for early season.

1B coach is not all it’s cracked up to be.

When coaching my son’s LL team 6 or 7 years ago I was coaching 1B. This stocky lefty, built like a fire hydrant, all muscle, came to bat. He could cream the ball, halfway across the state. He pulled a line drive right at me. I thought I could casually slip the ball like a matador by just giving a slight turn of my torso. Nope. Thud, right into my upper right pec. Everybody gasped, like in a movie. I acted like it was fine, no problem, but I had a hematoma the size of a beach ball, draining down my torso, for weeks.

Pharm Frog

1B coach is not all it’s cracked up to be.

When coaching my son’s LL team 6 or 7 years ago I was coaching 1B. This stocky lefty, built like a fire hydrant, all muscle, came to bat. He could cream the ball, halfway across the state. He pulled a line drive right at me. I thought I could casually slip the ball like a matador by just giving a slight turn of my torso. Nope. Thud, right into my upper right pec. Everybody gasped, like in a movie. I acted like it was fine, no problem, but I had a hematoma the size of a beach ball, draining down my torso, for weeks.

tumblr_lm12j1yS5d1qgszk4.gif