• The KillerFrogs

What we have today is what we only hoped for not so long ago...

archifrog

8-2...STILL control our own destiny! A rematch with OU is likely!

One the top 5 coaching staff's in the country!

A great brand identity...OU's largest attendance EVER last night!

Our old foes, Boise St, Utah, and BYU would Love to trade places with the Frogs...

Enjoy the moment...it could fade quicker than you know it....(i.e. Baylor)

Joe1000

Appreciate the sentiment, but we do not control our own destiny.

Gary’s pyramid has a national championship on top. And while it is extremely difficult to win one...it’s still the ultimate goal hopefully one year. With a second loss...we are eliminated from playoff considerations and thus have zero chance to fill in the top of that pyramid.

Great season, fun team, etc. However, we will get told by a committee that we lost too many games to be considered as a candidate to play for a national championship...therefore we do not control our own destiny.

TCURiggs

Appreciate the sentiment, but we do not control our own destiny.

Gary’s pyramid has a national championship on top. And while it is extremely difficult to win one...it’s still the ultimate goal hopefully one year. With a second loss...we are eliminated from playoff considerations and thus have zero chance to fill in the top of that pyramid.

Great season, fun team, etc. However, we will get told by a committee that we lost too many games to be considered as a candidate to play for a national championship...therefore we do not control our own destiny.

So we should be down in the dumps every year we don't win a national championship, even if we were to win a conference championship and a big bowl game?

That makes sense.

Last edited:

Joe1000

So we should be down in the dumps every we we don't win a national championship, even if we were to win a conference championship and a big bowl game?

That makes sense.

No. That isn’t what I said. Let’s read. I said I appreciate the sentiment and I do. I don’t think we should be in the dumps. It has been a really fun year. But words need to mean things and we cannot say “we control our own destiny” because that isn’t true if the ultimate goal is a natty. (Which Gary claims it is - and I believe him.)

Sure, a conference title would be awesome and I am happy to support this team this year. But last night did make the top of the pyramid impossible and therefore we don’t control our own destiny. Not trying to pick a fight here.

No. That isn’t what I said. Let’s read. I said I appreciate the sentiment and I do. I don’t think we should be in the dumps. It has been a really fun year. But words need to mean things and we cannot say “we control our own destiny” because that isn’t true if the ultimate goal is a natty. (Which Gary claims it is - and I believe him.)

Sure, a conference title would be awesome and I am happy to support this team this year. But last night did make the top of the pyramid impossible and therefore we don’t control our own destiny. Not trying to pick a fight here.
Not to pick nits and certainly don’t want to set out wex and Todd bait and have this discussion yet again, but we will never be in control of our own destiny WRT the CFP invitational — unless we magically crap out about 100,000 more alumni or change our name to tOSU.

Deep Purple

Not to pick nits and certainly don’t want to set out wex and Todd bait and have this discussion yet again, but we will never be in control of our own destiny WRT the CFP invitational — unless we magically crap out about 100,000 more alumni or change our name to tOSU.
Sorry, but that simply isn't true. If we go through a season undefeated or with a single, respectable loss, we will definitely receive a CFP invitation over a 2-loss tOSU team having lost to a team on par with this year's Iowa -- especially if we also defeat an Oklahoma team that beat tOSU. That definitely is "controlling our own destiny" or the term simply has no meaning and is just an empty phrase for literally everyone.

I do agree 100% with Joe that it has become an empty phrase for the Frogs this year and is no longer applicable to our situation. But suggest that it is always an empty phrase for TCU, and never applicable to our situation, is equally incorrect.

Sorry, but that simply isn't true. If we go through a season undefeated or with a single, respectable loss, we will definitely receive a CFP invitation over a 2-loss tOSU team having lost to a team on par with this year's Iowa -- especially if we also defeat an Oklahoma team that beat tOSU. That definitely is "controlling our own destiny" or the term simply has no meaning and is just an empty phrase for literally everyone.

I do agree 100% with Joe that it has become an empty phrase for the Frogs this year and is no longer applicable to our situation. But suggest that it is always an empty phrase for TCU, and never applicable to our situation, is equally incorrect.
Not talking about this year specifically or a 2 loss tOSU. I’m saying NO ONE can be certain what that committee will do in the final meeting behind closed doors. I could draw up a hundred scenarios where undefeated TCU gets screwed. Therefore, we do not control our own destiny WRT the CFP. Yes it is harder for them to justify with no losses. but never underestimate the blue blood bias and their convoluted logic. Don’t forget they once cited body clock as a factor.