• The KillerFrogs

What Christians Want to Know: Matt Carpenter’s Tattoo Took on Deeper Meaning

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Carpenter-pic-3-cardinals-300x200.jpg

What Christians Want to Know: Matt Carpenter’s Tattoo Took on Deeper Meaning

by BRUCE DARNALL

Matt Carpenter, first baseman for the St. Louis Cardinals, has a tattoo on the inside of his right arm that says, “Matthew 19:26,” his ultimate favorite Scripture verse. The verse reads, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Carpenter shares, “There is a story behind this verse. When I first had the verse put on my arm and before I really understood the verse, I was relating it to baseball. I just had Tommy John surgery and ‘with God’ I was going to do the impossible which was hopefully make it to the major leagues.”

Later, as Carpenter studied Scripture, he found the deeper meaning of that verse and learned the biblical teaching behind it. Matt continues, “The lesson here actually began in verse 23 when Jesus tells his disciples saying, ‘It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven,’ and Jesus goes on saying, ‘It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.’ The disciples then asked, ‘Who then can be saved?’”

“That’s when Jesus said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’ Matthew 19:26 is more special to me now than when I first had it done my junior year in college.” Jesus was talking about Salvation through Him.

Read more at http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/matt-carpenters-tattoo-took-on-deeper-meaning/

Leap Frog

I watch Matt and the Cards every game on tv. What a great person and teammate he is-- made two of the best plays for double plays last night to keep his team in front and go on to win #7 in a row. Cards are one game out of first-- so maybe fun the rest of the way.

nrhfrog

I grew up in St. Louis before coming to the great state of Texas to attend TCU. Not much family left up there anymore, but my few remaining cousins are huge Cards fans (as I still am) and they love Matt Carpenter up there.