• The KillerFrogs

Wes, Need A Rumor Confirmed...

PO Frog

I guess what is baffling to me is the fact that our fans don't realize that nearly every Tier-1 program plays neutral site games at NFL stadiums. This is what all the big boys do and we should be pretty darn pumped that we are a name brand and can command these types of games. These games generate a ton of press and makes each team a lot of money to help them build the program. Bama will play it's FIFTH neutral site opening game in a row this year; OU plays in one nearly ever year; as does USC, Florida State, LSU, etc... And those team's fans typically have to travel long distances and get hotels, flights and tickets--yet they all do it willingly. It's just disheartening to know that our fans are so fickle that they would rather not go support the team because they are "taking a stand" or "feeling like a customer" or whatever they want to blame it on. You can be mad at the direction of CFB in general, but acting as if CDC doesn't care about the fans is simply untrue--and I know most of you know that.

Oh and Michigan (the team you referenced in that quote) opens their season at Cowboys Stadium against Florida. Probably going to cost them a lot more than a parking pass but they will show up in droves...
USC has Texas at home next year; FSU plays Florida at their place and at home in alternating years; Ohio State and OU are actually following through with their home and home next year so apparently OSU and OU aren't scared of stiff competition in non-con. Great examples.

Uncle_Frog

USC has Texas at home next year; FSU plays Florida at their place and at home in alternating years; Ohio State and OU are actually following through with their home and home next year so apparently OSU and OU aren't scared of stiff competition in non-con. Great examples.
And we played Arkansas at home last year and go there next year. Of course there are some big OOC match ups that are home and homes, but there are a lot more neutral site OOC match ups between marquee programs than true home and homes in today's CFB world.

Just out of those teams you mentioned, OU played Houston at NRG Stadium last year and plays Texas in the Cotton Bowl every year; Florida State plays Bama in Atlanta to open next year; Florida plays Michigan at Cowboys Stadium to open next year and plays Georgia in Jacksonville every year. The list goes on and on but there is one theme to all of those games: they are big times programs in big time games.

Our first Neutral site game I can remember was Oregon State after the Fiesta Bowl and we were invited because we were a hot program. We have played several since and will continue to play neutral site games as long as we are good. Just comes with the territory.

PO Frog

And we played Arkansas at home last year and go their next year. Of course there are some big OOC match ups that are home and homes, but there are a lot more neutral site OOC match ups between marquee programs than true home and homes in today's CFB world.

Just out of those teams you mentioned, OU played Houston at NRG Stadium last year and plays Texas in the Cotton Bowl every year; Florida State plays Bama in Atlanta to open next year; Florida plays Michigan at Cowboys Stadium to open next year and plays Georgia in Jacksonville every year. The list goes on and on but there is one theme to all of those games: they are big times programs in big time games.

Our first Neutral site game I can remember was Oregon State after the Fiesta Bowl and were invited because we were a hot program. We have played several since and will continue to play neutral site games as long as we are good. Just comes with the territory.
My point was that those teams have neutral site matchups AND still bring in big names. Nobody would be complaining about this game at Jerryworkd if we had ND coming to AGC next year as well. Instead, we have SMU, some school not even in our division, and the Purdues of the world. We finally get someone that has the stones to schedule a home and home, and we are the ones that wuss out. Awesome

cdsfrog

And none of those are announced had home in homes then later screw their fans over. They are upfront about it every time

cdsfrog

So if the game had original been scheduled as a neutral site game at Jerry World all of these people on here would have refused to go from the start? I highly doubt that. They are simply throwing tantrums and refusing to go because the venue was changed 20 minutes away. That is embarrassing and the behavior of a bunch of brats.

And my argument absolutely stands. You think our fans should be let off the hook because a game 18 months away (in a season you haven't even bought season tickets for) had the venue changed to just down the road? TCU is a major program now and my point illustrates that this is what comes with the territory. If you would prefer to play UNLV, New Mexico, SDSU, etc. and never have to leave The Carter then we are going to have to disagree. Again, I would rather have played the home and home with Ohio State like everyone else, but the reaction from many of our fans is way overblown.

You sound like a rich Republicans telling someone that they should be really happy to be poor. Give me a break.

Uncle_Frog

My point was that those teams have neutral site matchups AND still bring in big names. Nobody would be complaining about this game at Jerryworkd if we had ND coming to AGC next year as well. Instead, we have SMU, some school not even in our division, and the Purdues of the world. We finally get someone that has the stones to schedule a home and home, and we are the ones that wuss out. Awesome
I'll agree that I am not thrilled that it appears to be us who wanted to move the game--would have thought it was OSU. However, we have Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Kansas State at home that year so our home lineup is still pretty sweet.

And very very few teams have marquee OOC games at neutral sites AND home and homes. In fact, the only teams I can think of that do that more than once a decade are Florida and Florida State because they play every year OOC. Technically, we would have that if SMU wasn't a dumpster fire.

Uncle_Frog

You sound like a rich Republicans telling someone that they should be really happy to be poor. Give me a break.
I guess you're just upset because I pointed out the blatant BS of your argument?

Care to explain why we did it? I mean I'm pretty sure every season ticket holder would pay a small one time fee to raise the 4 million net difference. So economics is out the window. Seriously I can't think of a valid one.
So which is it? Economics don't matter? Anyone insinuating they should support their team is a "rich republican"? I've gathered you probably aren't a season ticket holder but want all the season ticket holders to pay extra so you can fly in from England (probably pretty cheap, right?) to watch a game at ACS? You do realize the hypocrisy of all your arguments the last two pages right?

cdsfrog

I have six seasons tickets and contributed about 70k to TCU the last 10 years and Im 32. None of that has any relevancy to this discussion.

My point let people be upset, it will blow over next year. CDC has lesson his lesson, stop scheduling these as home in home and just be up front. Book them as neutral and no harm no foul.

Money for the record has little to do with it. CDC did steal a home game from us and wont be reducing the prices (probably will increase). Im just not gonna fork over 5k to give to Jerry Jones of all people to see TCU play in a stadium that is basically a giant living room with a monster TV.

Uncle_Frog

I have six seasons tickets and contributed about 70k to TCU the last 10 years and Im 32. None of that has any relevancy to this discussion.

My point let people be upset, it will blow over next year. CDC has lesson his lesson, stop scheduling these as home in home and just be up front. Book them as neutral and no harm no foul.

Money for the record has little to do with it. CDC did steal a home game from us and wont be reducing the prices (probably will increase). Im just not gonna fork over 5k to give to Jerry Jones of all people to see TCU play in a stadium that is basically a giant living room with a monster TV.

Also unclefrog consider me an embarrassment then. I was flying in from England for that game. Absolutely zero chance I go now. Only game I was going to be able to attend for the season.

Hah, nice humblebrag. So you have 6 season tickets but didn't plan on going to any games next year? I'm confused. Do you sell them on Stubhub to opposing fans every week?

cdsfrog

Hah, nice humblebrag. So you have 6 season tickets but didn't plan on going to any games next year? I'm confused. Do you sell them on Stubhub to opposing fans every week?

I live in England. I have them on the Ticket forum going for basically cost. I sold 2 at cost, plan on selling the 4 at cost.

I sold my baseball tickets at exact cost to a KFC member.

Uncle_Frog

I live in England. I have them on the Ticket forum going for basically cost. I sold 2 at cost, plan on selling the 4 at cost.

Well then that's fair and good on you for that.

I hope you are right and this will blow over and everyone will attend.

cdsfrog

Lsu was the same way right announced before 2012 season. I never even thought of it again till now.

Clearly it's my fault. I lived in the UK during that 2013 season and the 2018 season.

Last edited:

Chongo94

On another side note cds, where do you live in England and give me a job cause I've been wanting to get over the pond for a while now haha.

cdsfrog

Cambridge. Best city to live in imo. Was gonna go full time but decided to stay part time. Mostly just stay at home dad.

Got wife a contract job in the air Force about 30 min away at raf lakenheath. It's great here. Plan on moving back in a couple years then retiring somewhere in rural uk in late 50s or perhaps Europe. travel is so much better here

Retiring in Europe is actually not that expensive if you stay away from the ripoff places.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Cambridge. Best city to live in imo. Was gonna go full time but decided to stay part time. Mostly just stay at home dad.

Got wife a contract job in the air Force about 30 min away at raf lakenheath. It's great here. Plan on moving back in a couple years then retiring somewhere in rural uk or perhaps Europe. travel is so much better here

Retiring in Europe is actually not that expensive if you stay away from the ripoff places.

That's what I've been pondering/researching as well. Next meeting with the financial advisor will be to start structuring funds to ensure an able retirement in the Isles or Europe. Good to know and thanks for that tip.

cdsfrog

That's what I've been pondering/researching as well. Next meeting with the financial advisor will be to start structuring funds to ensure an able retirement in the Isles or Europe. Good to know and thanks for that tip.

Tip for retiring. look for a place thats much cheaper with a short commute into a good city

For me I want to retire in Bratislava. 1 hour train ride for city center of Vienna, with awesome properties in the 150k euro range. Cost of living in cambridge is literally about the same as Lewisville Texas I kid you not.

YA

Yeah I think most would complain and then do it. $300 for club, $200 for premium accounts and $100 for regular.

Most people will be paying anywhere from $200 to several thousand for the game anyways.
You are delusional if you think people would pay this surcharge. Absolutely no way the majority of TCU season tickets holders would pay it without a fight.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

No one is telling anyone they can't be upset. But a hell of a lot of people have told me I should be, or so it seems. It's all perspective.

frognutz

No one is telling anyone they can't be upset. But a hell of a lot of people have told me I should be, or so it seems. It's all perspective.

Yeah I don't mind folks being disappointed and pissed and if Cowboy stadium isn't your deal then fine.

I just think it's crossing the line calling out leadership as this being more proof that TCU doesn't care about it's fans when they've delivered the Big 12 conference, one of the best coaching trios in the country, and top notch facilities across the board.

Last edited: