• The KillerFrogs

Well..Well..Well

LisaLT

So, if KH is well on Friday... who starts?
I think Hill is needed for the CCG. I would think unless Hill is 100%, the coaches would start Shawn against Baylor. Also - even IF Hill is feeling better, I would assume they would use him sparingly as to not risk losing him for the CCG.

Horny4TCU

Defense won that game and Robinson didn't lose it. Like most true Fr making a first start, he had his up and downs. SR made a few big plays and he was lucky to avoid a few more big negative plays as he needs to protect the ball a lot better. TCU as a team, was very careless with the ball, fumbling many times, but very fortunate that they only lost one of those fumbles.

Rammstein = Best concert I have ever been to.

Spike

I don't know. Did you support the OP's first comment? It was pretty trollish.

I wou
I don't know. Did you support the OP's first comment? It was pretty trollish.

Actually I agreed with a lot of it. There's an undertone of a swipe at KH I didn't care for. I would temper the enthusiasm a bit but I agreed for the most part. I'm optimistic about SRs future as our QB.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Oh Boy....here we go...SR was good and showed a high ceiling and a bright future..We win that by 40+ yesterday with KH....

I completely disagree. Hill is timid and doesn't look for open receivers down field.... he just throws to spots where receivers are supposed to be.
Robinson was a much more aggressive runner and he showed absolutely no fear in throwing the ball down the field.
Hill is not the answer. Even with freshman mistakes, Robinson can beat Oklahoma if we run the ball downhill!!!

I completely disagree. Hill is timid and doesn't look for open receivers down field.... he just throws to spots where receivers are supposed to be.
Robinson was a much more aggressive runner and he showed absolutely no fear in throwing the ball down the field.
Hill is not the answer. Even with freshman mistakes, Robinson can beat Oklahoma if we run the ball downhill!!!
I know you like to talk about running the ball so maybe that's your forte. Hill does look for open receivers when he has time. Is he the best at it? No, but it's not like he doesn't try. Also, the larger attribute that holds him back is the exact opposite of what you describe. Instead of throwing receivers open by throwing to a spot, too many of his throws are late when he waits for more separation which often leads to throws behind the receiver and/or allows a defender to adjust.

Pharm Frog

We just beat kansas by 43 and theyre better than Joshua.

They are marginally better than Joshua but it did take a KT TD punt return to get over 40 against KU. The point is that we haven’t shown the desire for the pace and playcalling that would start beating real teams by 40+ nor do I think we would have done so with KH operating the offense in Lubbock. And I’m not complaining. We have decided on an identity and strategy and it’s work quite well so far.

ifrog

Lol Kansas is marginally better than Joshua.

And thank god for Turpin because no way could we score more than 40 with Hill without dropped passes in the end zone. The hot takes today have been at an all time high

Pharm Frog

Lol Kansas is marginally better than Joshua.

And thank god for Turpin because no way could we score more than 40 with Hill without dropped passes in the end zone. The hot takes today have been at an all time high

Your insecurity is running pretty high as well and your sarcasm detector is defective. But you are correct that dropped passes are one of the factors that do tend to keep our offensive production down and I’m not sure why anyone could reasonably have expected that to change against Tech. But I’m glad some people think we’d have hung a 40+ win on Tech with KH at QB. I just am not one of them. I do think we would have won comfortably.

OmniscienceFrog

I truly believe Baylor will shock the world this weekend and beer TCU. I think we all know in our hearts TCU is not a top 10 team. Robertson will be up against a much better defense than that crappy Tech. Baylor has come close to beating OU and Iowa State and based on those games I’m predicting a 10 point win. We’ve overcome the evil naysayers and jealous fans over the past 18 months. Back to normal for us and best get used to it.

There he is! hahahaha

Wexahu

Whether SR or KH starts these last couple of games, I hope we continue to throw a lot of deep passes. Whether they are completed or not, I think it just loosens up the defense and gets them back on their heels a bit. SR throws a very pretty deep ball but Kenny can make all those throws Shawn was making too, he just has to let them fly. It’s not like SR was throwing 60 yard lasers, he was just throwing them up out in front and letting the receivers try and make a play. The worst thing can happen is they pick it off and it’s like a punt.

Mean Purple

Whether SR or KH starts these last couple of games, I hope we continue to throw a lot of deep passes. Whether they are completed or not, I think it just loosens up the defense and gets them back on their heels a bit. SR throws a very pretty deep ball but Kenny can make all those throws Shawn was making too, he just has to let them fly. It’s not like SR was throwing 60 yard lasers, he was just throwing them up out in front and letting the receivers try and make a play. The worst thing can happen is they pick it off and it’s like a punt.
Whatever it takes to win the next game. Which is all that matters right now. Play both of them. Just BEAT bu.

The Degenerate Frog

offensive play calling was conservative and designed to not lose the game as it should have been with a first time starter. Surprised SRob go so many 20+ yd attempts with the wind as crazy as it was. I thought his throws were good considering the wind. Willing to stand in the pocket and already looking off safeties to prevent double coverage on some throws. A couple of throws off the back foot and bad ball security but with his willingness to take a hit, that can be fixed before next year. Throws a great ball when stepping into the pass though. Kenny's playbook is much larger and ability to read the D much better so you have to let him start if healthy... but man... SRob has to get a couple of series just because of raw ability to make plays.