• The KillerFrogs

Week 12 Other Games Thread

Eight

D'Eriq King now leads all of FBS with 50 TDs responsible for. 9 shy of the NCAA record.

Houston leads Tulane 28-9

robinson was on a record pace this year for td's responsible until he was lost for the season with an injury.

now, didn't say all those were tcu td's, but he was "responsible" for more td's than king early on this year.

hey.....if we don't laugh about this stuff it will only break us later.......

Moose Stuff

Who isn’t a terrible team. Not sure we could do that against Mary Hardin Baylor.....

Our backup threw for over 300 on Kansas in his first start and would have scored on his first 5 possessions vs OU (minus the missed FG) when he came in to replace Shawn so I’m pretty comfortable saying we could do it against Tulane and MHB. That kid didn’t exactly light up Tulane either (under 50% completions and threw an int).

Wexahu

Our backup threw for over 300 on Kansas in his first start and would have scored on his first 5 possessions vs OU (minus the missed FG) when he came in to replace Shawn so I’m pretty comfortable saying we could do it against Tulane and MHB. That kid didn’t exactly light up Tulane either (under 50% completions and threw an int).

He also scored 14 against K-State and 10 against WVU. Haven't checked the numbers but I would guess almost everyone throws for 300 against Kansas, unless they up by so many they are taken out of the game early or their team stops passing.

I think at this point our QB is just occasionally making it over a really, really low bar that's been set.

TX_Krötenechse

Also worth noting that Houston has kind of a crappy run game and relies on King a LOT to run the ball - he has over 110 rushing attempts this season, only 20 behind their top RB.

Moose Stuff

He also scored 14 against K-State and 10 against WVU. Haven't checked the numbers but I would guess almost everyone throws for 300 against Kansas, unless they up by so many they are taken out of the game early or their team stops passing.

I think at this point our QB is just occasionally making it over a really, really low bar that's been set.

You’ve jumped into the middle of a discussion to argue against a point I wasn’t trying to make. Our offense sucks and our QB is pretty mediocre, but I’m not gonna use some frosh QB going like 5-11 with 2 TD and and INT vs TULANE as an example of how bad we suck. Our backup QB basically did the same thing vs OKLAHOMA.

TX_Krötenechse

I just think the argument that King is a better QB than Collins or Shawn is kind of silly. King has way better stats than either, sure, but Houston is also a way better offensive team than us in general, due in part to playing worse competition.

FrogLifeYo

The real test of any QB and his OC is when the competition has tape on you to utilize in preparation...We see how good Collins and Cumbie are when there is tape in the wild...I blame Cumbie way more than either Robinson or Collins. Neither guy had been placed in ideal situations by Cumbie..

FrogLifeYo

Sort of looking forward to checking in on the Memphis / SMU game... I’m a fan of that Memphis offense and I think they seem pretty creative. I’d like to pick up their OC