• The KillerFrogs

Wednesday, Friday, Saturday

JurisFrog

You could pitch Maxwell on Monday on 4 days rest.

You could pitch Purke on Wednesday on 4 days rest.

I guess you pitch an assortment of guys on Tuesday.

thoughts?

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Kipster198 @ Jun 21 2010, 11:40 PM) [snapback]585582[/snapback]
Then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Tough stretch.

Let's win the 1st one.

Go FROGS!

I thought about that. Can any of those guys pitch on 4 days rest?

Max would have 5 days on Monday, Purke 4 on Tuesday, and Wink 4 on Wednesday.

Maybe it is too far to look ahead but you know they have to plan this out.

Gerrish might be a starter in one of those--he did the job tonight.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(tcuball3 @ Jun 21 2010, 11:56 PM) [snapback]585592[/snapback]
one game at a time fellas, TCU has pleanty of arms left

It's OK. It's a fan message board. We can think about what ever we want to. I want this team to win 5 more games, not one. Winning one does no good if you don't have a plan in place to move forward and we are just wondering what that plan might be.

bbell

I think we will certainly beat FSU again, and probably win against UCLA the first time. Can we beat them twice in a row though???

Get Your Frogs Up

QUOTE(bbell @ Jun 22 2010, 12:04 AM) [snapback]585596[/snapback]
I think we will certainly beat FSU again, and probably win against UCLA the first time. Can we beat them twice in a row though???

With the way the locals are behind this squad, if they fight their way back through the losers bracket to force a game on Saturday that will be one amazing game atmosphere. The crowd in the 7th inning tonight was awesome.

rascal2203

I think you have to consider starting Lockwood somewhere and hope Holle, Marshall and Merck can hold the pen together. Maybe come back with Gerish Tuesday. Purke if it goes to Wednesday. Hey, its OK for us to think of these scenarios because it means we not going to give up. I love this team, this school, this town and all you other die hard FROG fans!

MO Frogs

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Jun 22 2010, 04:36 AM) [snapback]585581[/snapback]
Maxwell eliminates FSU.

Purke shuts down UCLA on Friday.

Wink brings his stuff on Saturday.

I agree, and here's what Id like to see:

I think Wed TCU Bats come alive and we get some hitting rythym and confidence. That will carry over the rest of our days in Omaha.

Friday, Purke faces Bauer in the battle of the "Dirty Hats" and Purke wins with a little run support.

Sat, Garrit / Wink rematch (possibly?) but I think TCU hitters have seen the best that this guy has got, they'll make adjustments and hit him hard in the rematch.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(MO Frogs @ Jun 22 2010, 12:26 AM) [snapback]585603[/snapback]
I agree, and here's what Id like to see:

I think Wed TCU Bats come alive and we get some hitting rythym and confidence. That will carry over the rest of our days in Omaha.

Friday, Purke faces Bauer in the battle of the "Dirty Hats" and Purke wins with a little run support.

Sat, Garrit / Wink rematch (possibly?) but I think TCU hitters have seen the best that this guy has got, they'll make adjustments and hit him hard in the rematch.

That is what we have to believe! That is what the team has to believe! Stop believing that and they might as well get on the bus home!

halfwaytoheaven

I'm just hoping that bracket 2 goes to Saturday. If we have to dig deep, then we need whoever we face in the championship series to be worn out as well. Arizona State losing the opener could end up working out very well for us.

Assuming we win our next three, maybe we wing it in the first game of the championship series, then have two well-rested pitchers for the last two games? There's a lot of baseball between now and then.

ftwfrog

Let's not look past FSU, (not saying we can't talk about Saturday, because I'd love it if we make it to Saturday) but FSU just beat the #3 UF gators. If Max is the Max that we know, and our bats can beat up the FSU third starter, we should be fine, but its not a foregone conclusion.

I'm guessing UCLA may start Rassmussin on Friday against Purke. He's their 1C pitcher and he hasn't pitched yet. Their coach mentioned, something like 'wait until you see him'.

I'd love for a winner take all game saturday. Let's see how Cole does in the heat. Gametime- 2pm.

I was really impressed with our pen. Gerrish and Merck looked great. We know what lockwood can do. Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or championship round, you can bring those guys in early and often to get outs. Its do or die now.

Opintel

Moderators
I'm getting over the disappointment of last night...that UCLA guy is as good as I have seen. Wow.

You have to put Paul Gerrish in the rotation. He's certainly looked as good as any pitcher we have (discount that HBP), with the exception of Purke, perhaps. This ain't over yet! :biggrin:

jake102

Yes Cole was good, but we got 3 runs off the man.

Cole Green we got 3
Jungmann we got 1
Workman we got 1

I'm trying to point out that he is hittable and the UT pitchers we just as good, and Jungmann was obviously much better. If we can get to a decisive game on Saturday in the heat it should be interesting. Winkler should be fired up and hopefully Cole is a little cocky coming off his last start.

berryfrog95

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:04 AM) [snapback]585686[/snapback]
Yes Cole was good, but we got 3 runs off the man.

Cole Green we got 3
Jungmann we got 1
Workman we got 1

I'm trying to point out that he is hittable and the UT pitchers we just as good, and Jungmann was obviously much better. If we can get to a decisive game on Saturday in the heat it should be interesting. Winkler should be fired up and hopefully Cole is a little cocky coming off his last start.

Green was an evening game - workman and jungmann were day games.....good points here and if we can stretch this to Saturday, I like our chance.

No one is mentioning that near miss 2-run homerun smoked by Weik in the 2nd inning: WEIK flied out to rf (3-2 BFBBFFFFFF). .....game of inches.

Go Frogs!!

monkeyfishfrog

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Jun 22 2010, 08:35 AM) [snapback]585667[/snapback]
I'm guessing UCLA may start Rassmussin on Friday against Purke. He's their 1C pitcher and he hasn't pitched yet. Their coach mentioned, something like 'wait until you see him'.

He's good, but he is a lefty. Our righty-dominated lineup does have an advantage against lefties. To me, it seems like an overpowering righty that we haven't seen like Jungmann or Cole gives us the most problems.

Latest posts