• The KillerFrogs

We will win at least 7

steelfrog

Tier 1
2 aready KU, KSU, ISU, WVU and UT.  That's 7.  Not great but Steel will take it this year.  Tack on a win between OU, OSU and BU and 8 would be dang good.

Opintel

Moderators
steelfrog said:
2 aready KU, KSU, ISU, WVU and UT.  That's 7.  Not great but Steel will take it this year.  Tack on a win between OU, OSU and BU and 8 would be dang good.
Hey - others may bash you...imagine that, but your estimate looks as a definite possible to me.

That's worth nothing, of course. :smile:

rifram09

Ya.  As I posted earlier.  7 is definitely possible.  But that basically means we don't slip up again the rest of the year.  If we beat OU, then 7 is very, very likely.  Right now, I would expect we win 6.  That means we beat ISU, Kan, and KSU + one other one.  Anything we win above 6 is a real positive thing for 2014, IMO.

Still, when I look back at my preseason expectations, that is atrocious.

B

Backup Waterboy

We need at least one win against UT, Baylor, OSU, or OU to make a bowl. I feel like we slip up against a bad team at some point based on what I have seen.

BigPurple87

steelfrog said:
You're wrong 99 percent of the time

Portland Frog

If the frogs actually decide to play 4 quarters of football in the remaining games, 7-5 or 8-4 is still possible.

If the frogs decide to take the first half off in the rest of their games, 5-7 or 4-8 is still possible.

Ron Swanson

I don't feel confident predicting a victory or defeat in any game for the rest of the season, I think every single game could go either way.  Before Saturday, I would've said that Okie St was the one team we didn't really have a chance against, but we saw what happened to them.

We definitely should beat Kansas and WVU and Iowa St, but I've learned not to count on anything.

I also think we probably win a game or two that we're 7+ point underdogs in.

Dman890

Everyone keeps saying that.  But who's is going to be our QB next year?  

Do we think Boykin year 3 is it?  

They haven't shown any faith in Matthews which means he must not have it.  2 good ones coming in next year, but will they be ready as true freshman?

I think we may still be a few years away from "contending".

Delray Frog said:
I think 7 wins is a best case scenario this year.  Next year will be our year to contend.

rifram09

Dman890 said:
Everyone keeps saying that.  But who's is going to be our QB next year?  

Do we think Boykin year 3 is it?  

They haven't shown any faith in Matthews which means he must not have it.  2 good ones coming in next year, but will they be ready as true freshman?

I think we may still be a few years away from "contending".

I don't agree with the bolded part. Apparently he was about to go in. I think the coaches are trying to salvage the experience Boykin attained and not just "yank" him prematurely. Even still, they almost yanked him against Smoo.

I think the reason Mathews hasn't played has far more to do with Boykin than Mathews at this point. Let's see what happens this season and over the offseason before we write off Mathews! Geeze! (and some people say we're writing off Boykin too soon.)