• The KillerFrogs

We don't guard anyone

4th. down

Interesting clip.

Out rebounded Vandy coupled with 56% shooting percentage and still gave it away.

No free throws, slow starts and CJD very clearly outlines the defensive issues.

Yes, and how is it possible we get NO free throws? That must mean that we were not guarded very well but we were, so what gives here? Home court, SEC refs? Sometimes, not all the time, but we get lackadaisical coming back on defense and it goes in spurts and then JD calls time out and gets their head back into the game.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
We seem to expect a lot after 1 and a half years.

We go undefeated through a relatively easy non conference schedule of which few were all out blow outs and some close games against teams like New Mexico and people expect the next coming of Wooden’s UCLA teams. This team isn’t exactly loaded with guys the regular attendees of the NCAA tournament were dying to have. We are still in the bottom levels of the base JD is trying to build at TCU. I think it is a testament to Dixon et al to have turned the corner already by playing above .500 and competing against some good teams (who may not be the world beaters we thought after yesterday’s results).

netty2424

Yes, and how is it possible we get NO free throws? That must mean that we were not guarded very well but we were, so what gives here? Home court, SEC refs? Sometimes, not all the time, but we get lackadaisical coming back on defense and it goes in spurts and then JD calls time out and gets their head back into the game.
I'm not sure the free throw thing is even explainable. As CJD said, he's never seen it, not sure I have either. I can't say I watched that game though and felt like we were getting fouled hard or often. It just wasn't something I was focused on I guess. But again, I had company so I wasn't as focused on the first half as I would've liked to be. I couldn't imagine a game without fouls. Seems impossible.

Games like that with zero foul calls should be examined a little closer after the fact to figure out how that happened.

FrogLifeYo

We go undefeated through a relatively easy non conference schedule of which few were all out blow outs and some close games against teams like New Mexico and people expect the next coming of Wooden’s UCLA teams. This team isn’t exactly loaded with guys the regular attendees of the NCAA tournament were dying to have. We are still in the bottom levels of the base JD is trying to build at TCU. I think it is a testament to Dixon et al to have turned the corner already by playing above .500 and competing against some good teams (who may not be the world beaters we thought after yesterday’s results).

So do you believe we over achieved last year?

CountryFrog

There's a pretty massive gap between "next coming of Wooden's UCLA teams" and expecting this team to just get into the NCAA tournament, which is what the majority of us thought the team was capable of. I know you're using hyperbole but you're acting like it was unreasonable to think that a team who was just a win or two away from the tournament last season might improve to the point that they make the tournament this year.

I also find it a little strange when some on here think we shouldn't have expected anything more from this team as if a few of you somehow knew we'd be one of the worst defensive teams in P5 this season. I don't remember a single person saying before the season "yea, we'll probably be scoring 85 a game but our defense will be so bad that we'll still miss the dance." If we just had an average defense then we're probably ranked in the top 10 right now with only a couple of losses.

4th. down

7 man rotation isn't going to cut it with this squad, need more bodies.

YES, and big, talented bodies. Hopefully help is on the way for next year with McWilliams and Samuels even though they will be RS, they will have a year in the JD system. JD seemed to be really upset on the post game presser regarding defense.

Eight

76604d7ad0cd6c6e415d3c9b4dfaf72c.jpg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
There's a pretty massive gap between "next coming of Wooden's UCLA teams" and expecting this team to just get into the NCAA tournament, which is what the majority of us thought the team was capable of. I know you're using hyperbole but you're acting like it was unreasonable to think that a team who was just a win or two away from the tournament last season might improve to the point that they make the tournament this year.

I also find it a little strange when some on here think we shouldn't have expected anything more from this team as if a few of you somehow knew we'd be one of the worst defensive teams in P5 this season. I don't remember a single person saying before the season "yea, we'll probably be scoring 85 a game but our defense will be so bad that we'll still miss the dance." If we just had an average defense then we're probably ranked in the top 10 right now with only a couple of losses.

Expecting getting into the NCAAs is still a big jump from where we were just a few years ago. You don’t think people see TCU a tad differently than they did even just a year ago. I’m guessing we are getting a better effort out of opponents than last year which adds to problems with a team with basically the same talent.