• The KillerFrogs

We don't guard anyone

Peacefrog

Degenerate
With Hamdy out, no inside presence on defense. He fouls a lot but he is aggressive in the paint. For whatever reason, they are not playing for JD right now. When the whistle blows, they act as if they haven't had their morning coffee yet and guess what, we are down 10 on the road again. Struggle back, worn out with only 7 players and they don't want to use their energy for defense. Olden and Nembhard have not, as of yet, panned out, to help on the rotation either on offense or defense. With Fisher out, it's going to be a grind going forward.
Did you already forget last Monday? JFC.

4th. down

I'm sorry you've missed Olden's last few games.

Not really, 5, 9, and 6 respectively for the past 3 games. 6+ pts./game avg. He was a hot shot shooting guard out of JC but he may very well develop into a scorer for us next year with more time in the system. He's not a JD coming off the bench. It's not Olden who is holding us down per say, but breaking quick out of the gate and inside the paint defense, just wasn't there today.

netty2424

Yes. Ball watching. If not looking for fast break ops then it's even worse bc the only reason would be laziness. Nearly every time a PG drives inside and kicks out he hits an open shooter who should be covered by a guy who is standing outside watching the play happen.

You won't hear me argue that it wouldn't be nice to have a Konate inside, but I'm convinced we'd still have terrible 3 point defense even if he wore our jersey.
I would definitely equate ball watching as laziness regardless if they're hoping for breaks or other ops. Poor rotation is is laziness as well. Good defense is a whole lotta hustle.

We may not agree on what is causing the defensive deficiency, but I think it's safe to agree that there are some defensive deficiencies.

Purp

Not really, 5, 9, and 6 respectively for the past 3 games. 6+ pts./game avg. He was a hot shot shooting guard out of JC but he may very well develop into a scorer for us next year with more time in the system. He's not a JD coming off the bench. It's not Olden who is holding us down per say, but breaking quick out of the gate and inside the paint defense, just wasn't there today.
And those were important buckets he wasn't making earlier this season. He's coming around at the right time.

Tom Brown

Noi is the 6th man, the JD. Olden is playing the best he has all season.

Tom Brown

I would definitely equate ball watching as laziness regardless if they're hoping for breaks or other ops. Poor rotation is is laziness as well. Good defense is a whole lotta hustle.

We may not agree on what is causing the defensive deficiency, but I think it's safe to agree that there are some defensive deficiencies.

I cant name a tcu basketball player that embodies laziness

Wexahu

This team reminds me a bit of the 2016 football team where there’s just something missing. I don’t think we have lazy players, but it just doesn’t seem like we have a leader out there who rallies the troops and gets on guys for playing passive.

Watched the game again, the lack of intensity and communication is glaring at times. Vlad and KW are the senior leaders but both are pretty quiet kids, we need an ass kicker out there in the worst way.

Chico Dusty

Can’t get caught up in the this, but I love our squad and they put out. That was a tough loss, no doubt - but we’ll be back. One thing that I want to give a shout out - Arob played most of the game and had just as much energy at the end as he started. Guys a workhorse.