• The KillerFrogs

Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found dead

Brog

This is a sad, sad story, no matter what details finally come out. Really feel for his family, and for the WSU sports people.

OICU812

No clue where Leach is in all this, but I'd bet one thing- Whatever his interaction is with the family, and other players/students, it's going to be a lot more thoughtful and considered than a fistful of empty cliches. I hope he is able to somehow bring the family some small measure of comfort.

Sebastian S

Part of you wants to think, how bad can a college QB's life be to even think about ending your life... then again, we really have no idea what's going on in a person's head.

I lost a friend from depression and from the outside looking in, he seemed to have a great life, had everything going for him. We had no idea what internal stuff he had going on in his head.

Truly very sad.

:(

Wexahu

Part of you wants to think, how bad can a college QB's life be to even think about ending your life... then again, we really have no idea what's going on in a person's head.

I lost a friend from depression and from the outside looking in, he seemed to have a great life, had everything going for him. We had no idea what internal stuff he had going on in his head.

Truly very sad.

The only thing I can think of is there's lots of pressure and attention on these kids, and sometimes their athletic ability far exceeds their ability to handle the other stuff that comes with being a QB for a major college program.

Frog-in-law1995

Truly very sad.

Me too. Geez, almost 7 years now. He would literally have been the last person I would have suspected of having depression...super family, great fiancé, no real financial worries, always smiling, always nice to everybody. Just shows how scary a disease this is. Prayers to this kid’s family.

FrogLifeYo

Awful....Important reminder that teenagers are fragil creatures...Even the D1 QBs I like to call names after missing on an out pattern. Prayers for his family